Morrus Appreciation Week

cybertalus

First Post
Being of no one with any authority here whatsoever, I do hereby greatly overstep my place and declare August 13 to 19 to be Morrus Appreciation Week.

For this week, all dice that Morrus rolls will automatically be treated as if he'd naturally rolled the highest possible result.

For this week, whenever Morrus turns on the radio, his favorite song will be playing. If it isn't, it will be the next song to be played.

For this week, spammers will leave Morrus alone. Those who fail to comply will have their existence erased from all of time and space.

For this week, anyone who asks Morrus about his dancers will have a troupe of said dancers as houseguests for a month. Anyone who complains about this policy will be hosting mimes, grannies, and Angry Scotsmen until February.

Every day this week one of the women from The Le's old controversial ads will stop by Morrus's place for a visit.

For this week, complaints, problems, and general "I want YOUR site to work MY way" comments will be Somebody Else's Problem. Exact identity of that Somebody Else to be determined later, but they'll probably need an Appreciation Week shortly after.

For this week, people will remember how much enjoyment they get from ENWorld as a result of the work Morrus puts into it, and will let him know that in some way.

So yeah, thanks Morrus. I didn't find this place until after Eric retired and you took over, but if you hadn't, it wouldn't have been here for me to find. No doubt you do a lot of work to keep the place going that most of us never know about. Sure you've got help, but I bet a lot of stuff still ultimately comes down to you. And even when it is another mod or admin who makes a decision that someone doesn't like, I'm sure you get some grief for it.

So, take it easy this week, put your feet up, and bask in the glow of the adoration that had better come your way.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Heh - thanks! I've been feeling pretty under siege the last few weeks. This made me feel a little better. :)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Morrus, what kind of website are you running? You just allow degenerates to come in here and declare a particular week to be in honor of one individual? I don't see how this is fair.

For something as insignificant as the name of the Off Topic forum we at least allow nominations by anyone willing to participate. I demand that you no longer allow any particular week to be in the honor of one individual without at least soliciting the opinions of everyone who visits this site!

cybertalus said:
For this week, complaints, problems, and general "I want YOUR site to work MY way" comments will be Somebody Else's Problem. Exact identity of that Somebody Else to be determined later, but they'll probably need an Appreciation Week shortly after.

If you make the unwise and inadvisable decision to ignore my demands, then at least allow me to nominate Warlord Ralts/Rusted Scrap Metal for the role of Somebody Else.

GQuail

Explorer
Morrus said:
Heh - thanks! I've been feeling pretty under siege the last few weeks. This made me feel a little better. :)

Alas, it's always the case with running a large website: for everyone fifty happy members, there's one unhappy, but goddamnit if that unhappy one doesn't kick up more fuss than the rest. :)

cybertalus

First Post
Morrus said:

I would've made it a whole month, but didn't wanna look like I was sucking up or anything. :) Plus, I'm not sure Somebody Else could deal with the complaints and keep the place running smoothly for that long.

nerfherder

Explorer
JoeBlank said:
If you make the unwise and inadvisable decision to ignore my demands, then at least allow me to nominate Warlord Ralts/Rusted Scrap Metal for the role of Somebody Else.
Seconded

Thirded

Fourthed

;)

Thanks for providing this free site going, and for stepping in when NTL went down this year, and giving us CM.

Cheers,
Liam

howandwhy99

Adventurer
JoeBlank said:
Morrus, what kind of website are you running? You just allow degenerates to come in here and declare a particular week to be in honor of one individual? I don't see how this is fair.

For something as insignificant as the name of the Off Topic forum we at least allow nominations by anyone willing to participate. I demand that you no longer allow any particular week to be in the honor of one individual without at least soliciting the opinions of everyone who visits this site!

Congratulations!! Welcome to JoeBlank Day.

It's on August 20th.

Bring two characters. :]

CarlZog

Explorer
Menexenus said:
Hear hear! (Or is it "here here"? Not being British, I've never been quite sure...)

It's "Hear, hear", as in "listen to what that guy's saying." And I'll take a minute to echo the sentiment.

Russ, I don't know how you manage to keep these sites running, but I'm certainly very glad you do. I've met a lot of great people through them, I learn a lot, participate in eye-opening debates and discussions and generally have a good time here and at CM. And that's certainly worth the price of my CS.

Thanks.

Carl

JoeBlank

Explorer
howandwhy99 said:
Congratulations!! Welcome to JoeBlank Day.

It's on August 20th.

Bring two characters. :]

This guy is not kidding. He has attempted to start Age of Worms twice now, and managed near-TPKs both days. I missed those two session, but I get the pleasure next weekend!

Remove ads