Morrus, Chainmail beta 8 is now available...

EN_blakman

First Post
Neo said:
Off to "Adventure Island" for me I think.. the rest of my PnP group have been raving about it lately.. it has a pretty extensive crafting system based on the Ultima Online one by all accounts...

I imagine Ill head over there to the -6hr GMT one..
The one named "center" or the one named "deeper"?

After checking out Dave's Place i read your posting here and wanted to try that server out.
I found infos about it at "www.adv-island.com".

They have 4 servers as far as i could find out. Direct connection is:
main.adv-island.com
central.adv-island.com
deeper.adv-island.com
pacific.adv-island.com:5122

Logged in at "center" (this place is full of activity; 20+ players) and found immediatly someone that helped me getting started (and saw that happening with another player too).
So, this place seems to have a nice community (which reminded me with my first encounter on EnWorld with youspoonybard).
Though i didn't check out a lot of the world and didn't see any DMs, i'm sure i will log back into it. Perhaps i even see some of you there?

The Chainmail server from Dave's Place was deserted so i didn't have the chance to find out more about that server, but you are informed (journal, signs) that they want to be a roleplaying-server. If they enforce that, i'm surely not there, because i don't want to spoil someones fun with being out of character, and i'm pretty sure that that would happen.

Now i just have to find a way to trick the "adventure island" guys into levitating Neo to a DM position. ;)

Hmm, on the other hand, that would be again the chance to play with you ... :)

Last edited:

Neo

Explorer
EN_blakman said:
The one named "center" or the one named "deeper"?

After checking out Dave's Place i read your posting here and wanted to try that server out.
I found infos about it at "www.adv-island.com".

They have 4 servers as far as i could find out. Direct connection is:
main.adv-island.com
central.adv-island.com
deeper.adv-island.com
pacific.adv-island.com:5122

Now i just have to find a way to trick the "adventure island" guys into levitating Neo to a DM position. ;)

Hmm, on the other hand, that would be again the chance to play with you ... :)

Main I believe is the one I go on. The IP for direct connect I use is 216.65.145.28:5121

Not quite sure why me or my PnP group frequent that one however as it is the one that is least amicable for our timezone LOL..

dpdx

Explorer
No wonder. And the day after I got to visit cantrip's stronghold. Boy, would I have loved to get me one of those, and enjoyed traipsing through the ENWorld trying to get that. :(

So Rurik dies on the cusp of 15th level, where he could get the last requisite for Weapon Master.

RIP, Rurik. :(

(I'm the guy that turned Chaz on to CEP Nexus. It's a good server, with clear guidelines, a tight, exhaustive set of situations, a helpful community, and separation of the noobians from the 40th-level demigods. I highly recommend it.)

Do us a favor, folks, and let us know if/when this situation changes.

Chaz

First Post
EN_blakman said:
The Chainmail server from Dave's Place was deserted so i didn't have the chance to find out more about that server, but you are informed (journal, signs) that they want to be a roleplaying-server. If they enforce that, i'm surely not there, because i don't want to spoil someones fun with being out of character, and i'm pretty sure that that would happen.
If you had read aanother line or two on that sign you would have seen that it says that roleplaying is encouraged not required. I havent seen any heavy handed roll playing police roming around in my play there. I have seen a number of folks playing at various times. So its not dead.

And since its Chainmail its familliar. But he has made some small changes here and there.

Peace

Greylock

First Post
I don't know if any of you are still looking in here, but I wanted to say howdy again.

This post-surgery thing so far is a little different than I expected, and I can't sit in place very long (30 minutes or more) without discomfort. That means it may be a while yet before I log back in NWN-online anywhere. But I tell ya what... When I come back, wherever I do, I'll do it with a new log-in, one that uses the screenname most folks are familiar with, Greylock. My old login was obscure and no one knew it was me unless they spoke to me. I'll change that.

But it will still be a few weeks. Sorry, but I'll see ya again at some point...

Chaz

First Post
I still check in here Greylock. I hope you are feeling better soon. Another Chainmail update is in the works, and I will post here on the ENworld NWN site when its out also.

Peace

Wayfarer

Explorer
Glad to see some of you are still lurking. I've checked out both Dave's place and Adventure Is. -Main, but haven't seen any familiar players. Of course I'm so low level there as to be beneath most of the other players' notice, who all seem to be epic.

I've stuck an ENWorld reference in to my character's description so if anyone sees me, don't be a stranger!:D

Neo

Explorer
Wayfarer said:
Glad to see some of you are still lurking. I've checked out both Dave's place and Adventure Is. -Main, but haven't seen any familiar players. Of course I'm so low level there as to be beneath most of the other players' notice, who all seem to be epic.

I've stuck an ENWorld reference in to my character's description so if anyone sees me, don't be a stranger!:D

Im on Adventure Island - Main pretty much daily at the moment.. if any of the ENWorld server folks come on by all means send me a Tell Play /tp "Arithir" message here thats the easiest way to find if im on the server playing a character you dont recognise.

Greylock

First Post
Just gave it a look-see. Interesting place. Very promising.

Is that lag normal? There was quite the crowd on just now, so I imagine that was part of it.

Remove ads