Morrus, Chainmail beta 8 is now available...

Wayfarer

Explorer
Never noticed one myself. Been on a few times and had no delays; I'm on the Sympatico medium-speed DSL...

Greylock said:
Just gave it a look-see. Interesting place. Very promising.

Is that lag normal? There was quite the crowd on just now, so I imagine that was part of it.

Greylock

First Post
My PC is an antique. I really should know already to log on at less than peak times if I want to avoid lag-death. I think I logged on at a particularly active time. The server was almost maxed out, and everyone was shopping. That would do it almost as surely as a fight at the goblin camp in PoA.

Neo

Explorer
It can lag a little on the weekends or just prior to the daily reset (10pm GMT), but beyond that it's pretty much lag free.

It is a pretty good module, very large, lots of quests, a very in depth crafting system, banking system, guild system and heaps more.

Wayfarer

Explorer
I just recently tried out the Dave's Place Chainmail server and got a very welcoming reception from Dave himself. All the joys of that module and an attentive DM to boot! He seemed sympathetic to our situation so if you're checking it out send him a line. They've even fixed the ant colony so you can complete the quest. It is also scaled better [curse those royals! :mad: ] so the oppsition varies with your level. The server is primarily on Pacific time, but they have a European contigent of regulars too.

I've been plodding along on the Adv Is - Main server too, but I get pretty well ignored by the plethora of epic characters. I'm a little disturbed by the flame wars associated with the mod creator, who seems pretty autocratic. No actual bad encounters myself though. They Central server may be better for low-level PCs.

Chaz

First Post
I have a character on daves server also. Nice to see the chainmail world still running. He helps the Mod's creater debug new versions. So hes got a good handle on what the Mod's inner workings are.

Peace

J-Buzz

First Post
Where do you find Daves Server? I was looking for that the other weekend and could not find it. I tried Adventure Island but did not what to invest the time in learning the crafting system, so I found a good old POA server and started killing fire beetles.

Chaz

First Post
J-Buzz said:
Where do you find Daves Server? I was looking for that the other weekend and could not find it. I tried Adventure Island but did not what to invest the time in learning the crafting system, so I found a good old POA server and started killing fire beetles.

Here is info on that...

anyone is welcome to play on my server, even better if they're actively sending in bug reports to my bug reporting address. :) Look for "Dave's Place" under Story in Gamespy.

--Dave

Good luck. :)

Peace

J-Buzz

First Post
Thanks that helps....I have found it and have a character created. As always I am using the last name of Davis for all my Human characters so if you see a ??? Davis that should be me. (Davis comes from the first pre-gen name I got on the POA Server so there is a chance someone else would have it also)

Remove ads