• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mor's End] OOC: Questions and comments please post here

Ruavel

First Post
Originally posted by starwolf
IMHO the exact age of Mor's End will be dependent on how the various submissions work out. To put an *exact* age on the city could negate a lot of potentially good ideas.
at the same time for some people (myself included) this sort of information helps shape a submission...

*shrug*

hey, you guys are putting it together and doing a damn good job too... I just didn't want to be submitting things (like an elf working in the city for 130 years) that became incongruous later as certain parameters change...

Lalato

Adventurer
Lalato, why not move the call for NPCs to Rogue's Gallery? So as to cross-seed.

Done... I also opened a thread on General RPG Discussion that points back to the various Call for Submission threads Plots & Places.

Things used to move MUCh slower in the old days.

That's not taking into account the caravans and other migrations.

I think starwolf has a good point, though... maybe we shouldn't decide how old the city is just yet. Let's wait and see what ghoulish ideas the ENWorlders come up with first. :)

--sam

starwolf

First Post
Ruavel said:
at the same time for some people (myself included) this sort of information helps shape a submission...

*shrug*

hey, you guys are putting it together and doing a damn good job too... I just didn't want to be submitting things (like an elf working in the city for 130 years) that became incongruous later as certain parameters change...

I think that may need to be clarified. I believe that it will be the Ministers jobs to take the various submission and *massage* them into a cohesive whole. I am sure that with the talented and imaginative minds on the board that there will be many, many possibilities that have been overlooked in the initial guidelines.

I.e. the question of slavery has already been raised.
(and the answer to that question is Dont' Know?)

So IMO submit whatever you think may exist in Mor's End.
If it is really good then the city may bend to fit, or you might be asked to edit it a bit to fit the city.....

Amathaunta

First Post
Hi All!

I had a question I wanted to ask. Can anyone contribute in the city?
I've been a lurker in this boards since, well since Eric was the one in charge and 3e wasn't really out but I never felt the need to register and post (specially since I have a very bad English)

What I want to know is if I can help with some NPC's and such even if I'm newly registered =D

I don't have many great ideas but maybe some small ones to contribute to the place I've learned to love.

And when the city is ready I will definetely add it to my campaign, with a couple of changes though since it's a whole desertly planet =\

Thank's for the attention

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Amathaunta said:
I had a question I wanted to ask. Can anyone contribute in the city?
I've been a lurker in this boards since, well since Eric was the one in charge and 3e wasn't really out but I never felt the need to register and post (specially since I have a very bad English)

Amathaunta, this project is for everyone on EN World. It doesn't matter if you've been here since Eric Noah was getting his feet wet or if you just signed up.

Submit whatever you like within the guidelines set by each Minister.

Welcome to the board, Amathaunta. You're one of us now!

Cheers!

KF72

p.s. Don't worry about your English being bad, simply post your idea as best you can and if it needs some editing then I'm sure someone will be willing to lend a hand.

Krug

Newshound
Gladius: Sounds good. Actually the Guild comes under organization, which would have a CoS that comes later, but I like the idea.

Eating silk fish... well why not? But I would think the fish is highly protected just like silk worms were. It would be hard to get them fresh. Anyway, I had jellyfish yest night and thought shoe strings were more palatable... just shows you that people will eat ANYTHING.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Nobody's mentioned a thieves guild.
There WILL be a thieves guild, right?

(looking at submission for a fence he about to post)

Thieves Guilds are nice.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Wippit Guud said:
Nobody's mentioned a thieves guild.
There WILL be a thieves guild, right?

(looking at submission for a fence he about to post)

Thieves Guilds are nice.

My main summary on the initial Time to open up shop thread (now on page 5) does list a Thieves Guild as one of the many power groups in the city. However, there hasn't been too much of a discussion about that guild (or a lot of the other ones).

I think we either need a Minister of Guilds to work in conjuction with Buttercup (since Guild structure is so important to a city) or create a new thread on discussing guilds in particular.

Here's a list of the Power Group guilds listed in my summary:

Glittering Brotherhood - Gemcutters
Guild of Guards
Mages Guild
Merchants Guild
Potters Guild
Thieves Guild
Workers' Senate - sort of a common labors guild

Of course, there will be more than these, it's just that these are the most powerful in the city.

Other possible powerful guilds: Glazers Guild (suggested by someone), Silk Fish Farmers Guild (needs a better name).

{EDIT}

Here's the summary...
http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=758167#post758167

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Remove ads