• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mor's End] OOC: Questions and comments please post here

Lalato

Adventurer
Silk Fish Farmers Guild (needs a better name).

Silkers Guild or
Silkers Circle or
Silkers Clan

Let me know what you think...
--sam

Wippit Guud

First Post
Some guilds might require a minister unto themselves... Thieves Guild and Mage's Guild always play heavy rolls in games, and something like the Thieves Guild would be a huge undertaking onto itself, there would be literally hundreds of different types of people alone (fenses, beggars, cutpurses, loan sharks, gambiong establishments....)

Conaill

First Post
Wippit Guud said:
Any issues with using the odd humanoid? (not Drow).

Nope. Here's the makeup of the population:

Population: 10,200 (small city): Integrated - 40% human, 20% dwarf, 13% gnome, 8% humanoid, 6% halfling, 6% elf, 4% half-orc, 2% monstrous, 1% half-elf

No Drow, lots of dwarves and gnomes, 8% "other humanoid" and even 2% monstrous. That should satisfy most anyone.

Conaill

First Post
The Grey Dwarf said:
For the thieves guild I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the city districts before getting into too much detail.

Nah. We probably don't want to specify *exactly* where the Thieves Guild has its HQ anyway! Maybe a largely underground complex, with unspecified exits somewhere within the poorest/crowdiest parts of town?

Here's some useful stats for a Thieves Guild:

Based on DMG demographics guidelines, Mor's End has around 50 classed Rogues, half of which are Rog1. The city also has close to 1500 beggers (mainly Com1), some (many?) of which will be in the employ of the Thieves Guild as well. The head of the Thieves Guild is a Rog11-14, with a second in command Rog7-10.

Hmm... Here's a new city district: The Warren. Located right next to The Squats, consists of a maze of narrow little streets. High crime, but less abject povert than in the Squats. Would make a good location for a Grand Bazaar as well!

Krug

Newshound
> 1500 beggars?
is that correct? that's more than 10% of the population begging! you couldn't take a walk without bumping into at least ten of them! ;)

Lalato

Adventurer
Hmm... Here's a new city district: The Warren. Located right next to The Squats, consists of a maze of narrow little streets. High crime, but less abject povert than in the Squats. Would make a good location for a Grand Bazaar as well!

That's a good idea, but since we already have the underground warrens, perhaps a different name should be assigned to this section of town.

How about:

The Knot
The Tangle

--sam

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Krug said:
Buttercup: What's an Illuminator? Interesting name..

Funny how context changes everything. The first time I read this question, I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. Then I read over my craft & trade post, and remembered.

An illuminator is a person who colors in manuscripts. All of those beautiful books, such as the book of Kells, are called Illuminated Manuscripts. They usually were done by monks, and involved lots of gold leaf, and sometimes ground gemstones for color. It's a lost art, probably since it was so time consuming.

Look here, for example: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/dept/scwmss/wmss/medieval/mss/lat/bib/e/007.htm

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads