D&D 5E Movies that make you want to play D&D

Satyrn

First Post
Episodes of Xena featuring Joxer. Or Autolycus and Salmoneus. And Hercules episodes with them, too.

The ridiculous mix of personalities and silly fights make me want to play.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

1 - Lord of the Rings trilogy (but not D&D...makes me want to play a more "detailed/serious" FRPG like HARP, or Rolemaster).

2 - Fire & Ice (Ralph Bakshi one, with Frazetta art)

3 - Hawk the Slayer (...but not 5e; Basic D&D all the way with this one!)

4 - Pirates of the Carribian series

5 - The Gamers / Dorkness Rising / Journey Quest / etc (pretty much anything done by those guys)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Mepher

Adventurer
The original Clash of the Titans (not the new garbage) , Jason and the Argonauts, and Excalibur! Clash of the Titans came out in 1981 and I first saw it on HBO probably somewhere around 1983....right when I was learning Moldvay basic. I don't think any movies evokes as much D&D feeling to me as that.

Wulffolk

Explorer
Robin of Sherwood - TV series from the 80's originally aired in the U.K., later seen on Showtime in the USA but re-named Robin Hood. Seriously the absolute best version of Robin Hood ever. It had only 2 seasons, the first with Michael Praed as the peasant version of Robin, and the second with Jason Connery as the noble version. This series is an absolute must see. Awesome casting!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases