• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

This is an error I have never heard before. I have never had problems printing any pdf (including any versions of my sheet, I just tested the latest version). So I'm unable to give you specific advise on what might be wrong, but possible it is something going wrong with an Acrobat form and your printer drivers.

Are you having trouble printing any other Acro-forms (i.e. pdf files where you can fill out fields, but not XFA-based)?
I found this forum thread about this issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/986205?start=0&tstart=0 and there the last poster says
Hopefully this helps

Thanks. I will give that a try when I get a chance.

David Goodman

First Post
For Pact of the Tome Warlocks, is there an option to create a spell sheet that has all, and only, the list of spells with the ritual tag? This would be very useful for me.

If not, could one work on creating it?

For Pact of the Tome Warlocks, is there an option to create a spell sheet that has all, and only, the list of spells with the ritual tag? This would be very useful for me.

If not, could one work on creating it?
If you are looking for a list of ritual spells just for reference, than you can do this easily on the "Database" tab of the Excel. Simply click on the little arrow in the column header of the "" column, and enter a filter for "(R)". This should filter the list for only the spells with the ritual tag.

If you want to make a printable spell sheet, then you need to do a little more. You will have to define a new class for which you enter only the ritual spells on its list. Do the following:
  • Go to the "Add Class" tab and enter a name that you want and
  1. "No" for access to cantrips
  2. "Prepare from full class spell list (like a Druid)" for type of spell acquisition
  3. "No spell slot progression (like with a feat or a race)" for type of spell slot progression per level
  4. Anything you want for spellcasting ability (probably Charisma is the best choice for your purpose)
  • Now click the big purple button to add the class
  • This will create a column in the "Database" tab for your newly defined class. There you can put in "x" in every line of a Ritual spell. If you don't like to do this manually just paste the code below into the first row (so row B as row A has the headers in them)
  • After this, you can make a spell sheet with the newly created class and it should have all the Ritual spells in it.

Excel formula to put in 'Database' tab:
Code:
=IFERROR(IF(SEARCH("(R)";[@Spell];1);"x";"");"")

Good luck

A quick update,this time for the Spell Sheet Generator. David Goodman's question got me thinking about the option to sort the database on the Database tab, so I made it so that you can sort even while the sheet is protected.

MPMB's Spell Sheet Generator v7.63 (21-2-2016) has the following changelog:
  • Added the option to use the sort function in the Database tab without first needing to unprotect the sheet

Again a quick update, now for the Character Sheet:

MPMB's Character Sheet v10.25 (23-2-2016) has the following changelog:
  • Added the creature “Crawling Claw”
  • Added “Spell Attack” as a weapon (this will only generate a to hit modifier)
  • Added all weapons to the attacks drop-down
  • Fixed a bug that didn't allow you to save immediately after importing

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Hi MPMB,

A couple of issues with 10.2:

- In the feat dropdown Resilient (Wisdom] should be Resilient [Wisdom]
- When adding magical weapons using the "Add equipment" button, it shows up with additional slashes like this: Longsword \+\d\+1

Hi MPMB,

A couple of issues with 10.2:

- In the feat dropdown Resilient (Wisdom] should be Resilient [Wisdom]
- When adding magical weapons using the "Add equipment" button, it shows up with additional slashes like this: Longsword \+\d\+1
Thank you for letting me know. I fixed both issues in v10.26 (but forgot to post about it).

Alexrose

First Post
Hey, the sheet's fantastic, absolutely beautiful, but is there any way of changing the font on the "written" areas? It'd be nice to be able to have the option to use the same font for everything instead of having a separate handwritten font with different size and kerning? I'm really not a fan of handwriting fonts, they remind me of the software they use at the primary school my mother works at, which are aimed at children - so I can't unsee "this is for little kids" whenever I see a handwriting font.

Thanks a tonne for it, I'll try it out for our first session and if it seems to have worked and level upgrading goes smoothly I'll probably upgrade to the full version.

Oh, also, I don't know how difficult it would be, but right now there's the option of "Print out but completely blank" and "Print out but not completely inked". Is there any chance of having "Print out non-changeable information?" so e.g. Armor Class, weapon etc. can change, but Height/Weight, skill proficiencies, feats, background, info, race etc. aren't going to change.

Last edited:

VandalHeart

First Post
Hey Purple, I noticed that when you select Ghostwise Halfling, under racial traits on second page, it says Lightfoot Halfling, all the rest is correct for Ghostwise, it just calls out wrong subrace is all. this is on the v10.26 a4 character sheet

I Love this sheet, and ive gotten my players to use it too.

Hey, the sheet's fantastic, absolutely beautiful, but is there any way of changing the font on the "written" areas? It'd be nice to be able to have the option to use the same font for everything instead of having a separate handwritten font with different size and kerning? I'm really not a fan of handwriting fonts, they remind me of the software they use at the primary school my mother works at, which are aimed at children - so I can't unsee "this is for little kids" whenever I see a handwriting font.

Thanks a tonne for it, I'll try it out for our first session and if it seems to have worked and level upgrading goes smoothly I'll probably upgrade to the full version.

Oh, also, I don't know how difficult it would be, but right now there's the option of "Print out but completely blank" and "Print out but not completely inked". Is there any chance of having "Print out non-changeable information?" so e.g. Armor Class, weapon etc. can change, but Height/Weight, skill proficiencies, feats, background, info, race etc. aren't going to change.
Thank you! Great to hear you like the sheets!

Some other people also commented about the fonts and that got me thinking. The issue with changing the font is that every font works differently in spacing. Currently the sheet is optimized for the current font "Segoe Print" in such a way that it aligns perfectly with the text lines and all the auto-fill texts have been made to fit the fields they go in. This is the case for class features / racial traits / background feature / feats / wild shapes. Changing the font will change how much characters fit into these mult-line fields and that can have very ugly results.

I'm also not sure about what you mean with "the same font for everything". All the fillable form fields have the same font. The rest of the sheet uses about five different fonts, so if different kerning is you pet peeve you are going to be unhappy anyway ;)

However, this does not mean that changing the font is inconceivable, it might still be very usable when selecting a font with similar line spacing, or just hiding the text lines and/or setting the font size to 'auto'.

Thus, I have build a new feature into the new version (v10.3): the ability to change the font! I don't consider this an essential feature, so I have decided to only release it in the bonus versions. The feature allows you to use any font you want, and comes pre-loaded with a couple of recommended fonts that will adhere to the line spacing of the sheet.

As for your second question, that is a bit tricky because "Print out non-changeable information?" is rather open to interpretation. Are ability scores non-changeable? Magic items can easily interfere. Wild shapes are easily changeable, but you might want to print them anyway. Does the equipment section count as non-changeable? Probably not every piece of equipment will be considered permanent, but some things are likely easier to have printed.

I think that if there are some sections you don't want to have printed, it is probably not that hard to just leave them blank all together. That way you can fill them out by hand after printing.

I don't dislike the idea, I just don't see how it will be very practical as everybody will probably have their own preferences.

Hey Purple, I noticed that when you select Ghostwise Halfling, under racial traits on second page, it says Lightfoot Halfling, all the rest is correct for Ghostwise, it just calls out wrong subrace is all. this is on the v10.26 a4 character sheet

I Love this sheet, and ive gotten my players to use it too.
Thank you for letting me know! I have fixed it in the new version (v10.3). It is always great to hear people like using my sheet, thank you :)

On top of what is mentioned above, I have added another bonus feature, namely that you can now change the color of the Ability Save DCs!

MPMB's Character Sheet v10.3 (26-2-2016) has the following changelog:
  • NEW BONUS FEATURE: added the option to change the font of all the form fields (as suggested by Alexrose)
  • NEW BONUS FEATURE: added the option to change the color of the Ability Save DCs
  • Fixed the Ghostwise Halfling racial trait (thanks VandalHeart for noticing)
  • Fixed the Sacred Flame cantrip so that it no longer adds the ability modifier to damage
  • Swapped the location of the two Ability Save DC’s to make it better looking when there is only one
  • Moved the Armor and Weapon proficiencies to the Proficiency section
  • Added “other” to the options of armor proficiencies
  • Changed the Battlerager subclass so it adds “Spiked Armor” to the “other” armor proficiencies, and “Armor Spikes” to the “other” weapon proficiencies
  • Changed the font of some text that was Segoe Print to make the sheet more font-independent

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads