D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Greg Brouwer

First Post
For the people with a link to the bonus version: use the same link to get your bonus version of v9.9.5!

Using the Spellsheet Generator v7.0b.xltm

I receive a VB error

"Run-time error '1004':

Method 'Paste' of object'_Worksheet' failed

I only get this error if i'm attempting to change the colors of the Headers / Dragons to something other than Red. (I tried Pink, Purple and Gray) and all produce the same result.

After the error the "headers" tab is also displayed, let me know if you need help pinpointing anything or if you want a copy of my spreadsheet to test it out.

Using the Spellsheet Generator v7.0b.xltm

I receive a VB error

"Run-time error '1004':

Method 'Paste' of object'_Worksheet' failed

I only get this error if i'm attempting to change the colors of the Headers / Dragons to something other than Red. (I tried Pink, Purple and Gray) and all produce the same result.

After the error the "headers" tab is also displayed, let me know if you need help pinpointing anything or if you want a copy of my spreadsheet to test it out.
This is some curious error, but to be honest I haven't thoroughly tested my code for changing the colours on anything but my own machines with Windows 10 and Excel 2016.

Could you tell me the following:
- The version of Excel you are using
- The language of Excel you are using
- The operating system you are using
- The display language of the operating system you are using

Thank you for letting me know about this issue!

EDIT: I found something that might be the culprit. Could you try this version to see if it changes anything?

Last edited:

Greg Brouwer

First Post
This is some curious error, but to be honest I haven't thoroughly tested my code for changing the colours on anything but my own machines with Windows 10 and Excel 2016.

Could you tell me the following:
- The version of Excel you are using 2013
- The language of Excel you are using English
- The operating system you are using Windows 7
- The display language of the operating system you are using English

Thank you for letting me know about this issue!

See above, also of note is that i used the version 7 (not b) and was able to generate a purple sheet, I didn't try the other colors.

RaTath

First Post
Thanks for making this great character sheet and spell sheet generator (especially like the new 3rd casting class). I have found a small error on the spell sheet generator. I have a level 4 arcane trickster and a level 5 warlock making a 9th level character. The generator works fine for all the options but when I create the spell sheet pdf the number of slots is wrong. I get 2 1st level spell slots and 2 3rd level spells slots.

The 2 3rd level slots are correct (for the 5th level warlock) but the 1st level spell slots should list 3 (the number that the arcane trickster gets at 4th level).

I am using Excel 2010 in English.

Thanks
Ra

Thanks for making this great character sheet and spell sheet generator (especially like the new 3rd casting class). I have found a small error on the spell sheet generator. I have a level 4 arcane trickster and a level 5 warlock making a 9th level character. The generator works fine for all the options but when I create the spell sheet pdf the number of slots is wrong. I get 2 1st level spell slots and 2 3rd level spells slots.

The 2 3rd level slots are correct (for the 5th level warlock) but the 1st level spell slots should list 3 (the number that the arcane trickster gets at 4th level).

I am using Excel 2010 in English.

Thanks
Ra
Thank you for letting me know! I found the mistake. Those damn warlocks screw up all the logic of multiclassing spellcasters ;) Expect a fix in the new version.

SLOKnightfall

First Post
I don't know if its just something wrong on my end, but Acrobat crashed every time I try to save the v9.9.5 character sheet. Ive tried both letter & A1 versions and have the same issue. Previous versions never had a a problem and I was curious if others were having similar issues.

I don't know if its just something wrong on my end, but Acrobat crashed every time I try to save the v9.9.5 character sheet. Ive tried both letter & A1 versions and have the same issue. Previous versions never had a a problem and I was curious if others were having similar issues.
That is very unfortunate. I will need some more information before I'm able to remedy this problem. So could you answer me the following questions:

1) Does this happen with a blank sheet you just downloaded and are trying to save (i.e. you haven't filled out anything, just opened it and try to save it)?
2) Are you not using the sheet inside a browser window or something similar? (you probably aren't because than most functions won't work, but this is a worse-case question list)
3) What version of Adobe Acrobat are you running?
4) What OS are you running?
5) What CPU and RAM does your PC have? (the sheet can be resource-intensive when opening because of the way Acrobat handles JavaScript)

neoldobyss

First Post
Character Sheet-Generator v9.9.5 (Letter)

the auto font size option at the "FLAW" text box does not active with in the Character Sheet-Generator v9.9.5 (Letter) pdf

Remove ads