D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

RaTath

First Post
Hey MPMB!

Love that you are getting credit and paid for all your hard work on this!

Small issue that I've been meaning to point out for a while.

The 1st level spell Absorb Elements from the EE Players Companion is only on the Druid, Ranger and Wizard lists of spells. In your sheet when you select Sorcerer with the option to use spells from EE you have Absorb Elements listed. It's easy enough to just ignore it (as I have been doing) but just wanted to let you know that Sorcerer's do not have access to this spell.

Keep up the great work!

Ra

vlysses

Explorer
Hi [MENTION=6788192]morepurplemorebetter[/MENTION],

Thank you for the quick reply.

Re 1: Exporting the old data from the old sheet does not work for me and probably a lot of others either, as it required Adobe Pro, which not many people have...

Second, thank you for the detailed clarifications. Taking a step back, i did not understand that the first dialogue and the copy/paste of the js file is basically a way to set up the document to bea able to import the old data. It would perhaps help if that's mentioned upfront...

However, unfortunately, even though the setup worked and i got to the second javascript window that allows me to import the actual data, the subsequent action failed again - i got the following error message:
errror mesage.JPG

even though the file is very much one of yours, see properties screen shot...:
char sheet properties.JPG

any ideas what to do?

many thanks,

V

Nimrod Yanai

Villager
Dragon Age page?

Hi!
I've just bought the pages on the DMG. They're awesome and I used the old version from here all the time!
I was wondering if you would consider making pages like these for the Dragon Age RPG.
It uses the Fantasy Age system, and I'd love to use such pages there too!

Will of course be willing to pay for them as I did these ones :)

Last edited:

Hey MPMB!

Love that you are getting credit and paid for all your hard work on this!

Small issue that I've been meaning to point out for a while.

The 1st level spell Absorb Elements from the EE Players Companion is only on the Druid, Ranger and Wizard lists of spells. In your sheet when you select Sorcerer with the option to use spells from EE you have Absorb Elements listed. It's easy enough to just ignore it (as I have been doing) but just wanted to let you know that Sorcerer's do not have access to this spell.

Keep up the great work!

Ra
Thank you for reporting this error! I totally overlooked it when adding the EE spells, so this must have been wrongly attributed to the Sorcerer for a long time now ;) This is fixed in the new version!

Hi @morepurplemorebetter,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Re 1: Exporting the old data from the old sheet does not work for me and probably a lot of others either, as it required Adobe Pro, which not many people have...

Second, thank you for the detailed clarifications. Taking a step back, i did not understand that the first dialogue and the copy/paste of the js file is basically a way to set up the document to bea able to import the old data. It would perhaps help if that's mentioned upfront...

However, unfortunately, even though the setup worked and i got to the second javascript window that allows me to import the actual data, the subsequent action failed again - i got the following error message:
(...)

any ideas what to do?
I forgot that the really old sheets didn't offer a way to make an export without Adobe Acrobat Pro. This function was introduced way back with version 10.2 (17 Feb '16).

Good feedback on the "Add a JavaScript" dialogue. I have added some more explanatory text to the dialogue that will hopefully make it a bit more comprehensive.

It seems that I made a tiny mistake with the way of checking if it is a MPMB Character Record Sheet that didn't recognize the older version. This is fixed in the new version, see below.

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.65 (11 December 2016):

• Saving Throw tooltips change "saving throw" to "saving throws";
  • Added an option for the non-numerical 'usages' of a feature to be put in the Limited Features section without the 'per';
  • Fixed an issue with direct importing from older sheets, before version 11 (thanks vlysses for reporting);
  • Removed Absorb Elements from the list of Sorcerer spells (thanks RaTath for reporting);
  • Fixed that the sheet no longer forces duplex printing (thanks Mark W or reporting).

Changelog for MPMB's Spell Sheet Generator v8.5b (11 December 2016):

• Removed Absorb Elements from the list of Sorcerer spells (thanks RaTath for reporting);
  • Fixed the description of the Identify spell (thanks Eric K. for reporting).

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Hi!
I've just bought the pages on the DMG. They're awesome and I used the old version from here all the time!
I was wondering if you would consider making pages like these for the Dragon Age RPG.
It uses the Fantasy Age system, and I'd love to use such pages there too!

Will of course be willing to pay for them as I did these ones :)
Hi Nimrod,

I have no plans of making any character sheets for any other games than D&D 5e. I started this project because of my love of the new D&D edition and it kinda grew out of control with how much time I spent making this. You have to understand that any money I make with this sheet in no way compares to the time I invest(ed) in it.

If you really want me to make a Dragon Age character sheet and are willing to pay for it, I am interested in doing it, but not as a hobby project. I think that you might be underestimating the amount of time and cost this will be. The current sheet has well over 1000 hours of work put into it and, for reference, minimum wage in the Netherlands is around €9 an hour.

Nimrod Yanai

Villager
Well the question is how much of the work done on this page can be duplicated for the new one, because I can't at all pay 9000€ for a character sheet :p

I'll tell you what - I usually don't use the automated features at all. How long will it take to simply make a regular, P&P not automated sheet? :p
I simply like the design a lot, and it goes VERY WELL with the Dragon Age theme :p

Or if you don't want to spend the time and I can have your permission I can try and make one myself with the design you created :D

Well the question is how much of the work done on this page can be duplicated for the new one, because I can't at all pay 9000€ for a character sheet :p

I'll tell you what - I usually don't use the automated features at all. How long will it take to simply make a regular, P&P not automated sheet? :p
I simply like the design a lot, and it goes VERY WELL with the Dragon Age theme :p

Or if you don't want to spend the time and I can have your permission I can try and make one myself with the design you created :D
You are welcome to use the design to make your own character sheet. I have no idea where I would start with Dragon Age, I never played it, so I would have to first learn the rules intimately to know what would make a good character sheet.

Do note that if you want to use the design of the Colourful sheet, you should really ask the artist who made most of the graphical elements, Javier Aumente. This is his website: http://partidaderol.hol.es/index.php/hojas-de-personaje
You can contact him via jaauve[AT]gmail.com.

vlysses

Explorer
hi [MENTION=6788192]morepurplemorebetter[/MENTION], thank you for the very quick reaction and attempts to fix the issues! I'm impressed!

I will give it a try today or tomorrow and report back...

all the best, V

vlysses

Explorer
Great, it worked! Thank you very much! a couple of things did not come through, but I can adjust those manually, no problem. Thanks you again for your help, V

I have been working hard on a new feature that I can finally present to you: Source Selection. The sheet now includes all Unearthed Arcana material and you just have to select which ones you want to use!

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.7 (13 December 2016):

• NEW FEATURE: select which resource the sheet may use. It will have the official, playtested resource enabled by default, and the Unearthed Arcana material disabled by default. You will be prompted the first time opening the sheet, and can always change the used sources by pressing the “Sources” button;
  • Added almost all of the Unearthed Arcana (sub)classes (including the latest Monk Monastic Traditions);
  • Added all Unearthed Arcana races;
  • Added all Unearthed Arcana Fighting Styles.

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Remove ads