D&D General MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Spoiler Thread

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen
Maybe, but the spelling should still make sense phonetically.
It does.
If you want it to be pronounced "a-SER-ur-ack" you should spell it Aseryurack.
That’s definitely not phonetically correct. The Y would either make it “a-SER-yur-ack” or “a-SER-ee-ur-ack” depending on if the T is being used a consonant or a long e.

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen
A-cer-er-ak is completely different to a-SER-ur-ack! You can't pronounce an e as a u!
It depends on context. English vowels can make lots of different sounds, and there is overlap between many of them, which can make phonetic spelling tricky, especially for people with different dialects. In the International Phonetic Alphabet it’d be [ɚ]. Er is closer to that, but ur, while not precisely the same, would sound almost indistinguishable in most American accents.
Also, repeated er-er sounds like a stammer.
Yes it does.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Ou, hay, busterrr, donchano bout Wisconzin?? Dey talk a bit different.

(My mother is from rural Wisconsin, phonetic pronunciation varies considerably from Great Britain).

I never really noticed the accents of some of my cousins once removed up in far northern Wisconsin... and then I watched Drop Dead Gorgeous (granted about a state one over) and I can't unhear it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I never really noticed the accents of some of my cousins once removed up in far northern Wisconsin... and then I watched Drop Dead Gorgeous (granted about a state one over) and I can't unhear it.
It all seemed fairly normal to me as a child, and my family is more from the southwest of the state...but my grandmother never could pronounce "th" sounds, and vowels are very different.

Urriak Uruk

Debate fuels my Fire
1625765616394.png

My favorite cards, by far.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I should add, if you want to peruse the cards revealed but don't want to go through 39 pages of thread;

Standard: D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms

Variant: D&D: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Variants

For some extra sorting capabilities there's also

You can add things like
type:dog
color:white
rarity:m
and others to the search bar if there are only particular things you want.

Alrighty, who can point to some themed decks for constructed and/or brawl on Arena?
I generally top at Platinum 2 with season constructed and I've be spending all coin/gems on cards and drafts during AFR

An Advertisement

Advertisement4