• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

multi-classing into Blade dancer--what a beeatch!

Mithril Man

First Post
ruleslawyer said:
Personally, I don't think blade dancer is worth it, but if you insist, I'd recommend either a level or three of rogue (for sneak attack damage, evasion, and/or uncanny dodge), or a level or two of shadowdancer. This gives you Tumble as a class skill and grants some very nifty abilities; plus, you incur no favored class penalty! The only downside is that you need to burn 10 cross-class skill points (Perform 5 ranks) and an extra feat (Combat Reflexes, though that's a useful feat anyway).

Shadowdancer would be nice, but it would sort of be sending me down another "pathway"--best to focus on one prestige class, imo.

So I figure I need to have 9 levels to become a blade dancer (which I might modify somewhat to fit my character and campaign)--so I'm trying to figure what levels I should take. I obviously need 1 rogue level, although unfortunately I sacrifice 1 BAB by doing so. At that point I might as well take two more rogue levels and get evasion, uncanny dodge and sneak attack 2d6. Here are my options:

5/2/2 ranger/fighter/rogue: BAB +8; favored enemy +2/+1; sneak attack d6, evasion

4/2/3 ranger/fighter/rogue: BAB +8; favored enemy +1; sneak attack 2d6, evasion, uncanny dodge

So it is a choice between a second favored enemy OR +d6 to sneak attack and uncanny dodge...seems like an obvious choice (the extra rogue level).

Remove ads