Multiclassing Rules?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
You multiclass either through feats or in addition further multiclassing in Paragon Path.

With feats, you take an initial feat that grants you; another trained skill, some manner of class feature or power that is usually per-encounter, and access to that classes paragon paths and feats.

You can then take additional feats, 3 in total to replace one of your powers with the multiclass; encounter, daily and utility of the same level or lower.

With Paragon Path multiclassing you gain (after taking all multiclass feats for that class):

-11th Level: Can choose to replace class at-will with multiclass at-will.
-11th Level: Can choose a 7th level or lower encounter power from multiclass.
-12th Level: Can choose a 10th level or lower utility power from multiclass.
-20th Level: Can choose a 19th level or lower daily power from multiclass.

Last edited:

Ander00

First Post
Basically, the first multiclass feat is a glorified version of Skill Training. If you're lucky, the combination you have in mind might actually work beyond that. In other cases, the rules might tell you that something is an option when it really isn't (or is akin to shooting yourself in the foot).

cheers

Mercule

Adventurer
Ulorian said:
The prerequisite for Paragon multiclassing is having taken all 4 multiclassing feats.
All four? I thought it was just the basic feat. I'll have to reread that section.

Oy! So much information to consume.

Zweischneid

First Post
Mercule said:
All four? I thought it was just the basic feat. I'll have to reread that section.

Oy! So much information to consume.

You need only the first (multi-class) feat to use a paragon path from another class (which might yield some worthwhile stuff.. haven't checked yet).

You need all four (one multi-class and 3 power-swap) feats to qualify for the multi-class instead of a paragon path.

Remove ads