Music-Inspired Insanity OOC [3.5, CLOSED]

jager0727

First Post
made the changes (just added a + 1 to studded leather took an extra 150 gold to bring it up to masterwork first then add the + 1 enchantment and dropped touch AC by 1 but basically left the mechanics alone). I'm just used to adding the magical +1 because tabletop we play that way to keep items with a lower bonus useful. I also made Quinn from northern Sebran instead of just a vague northern area, you didn't think I'd dump quinn the Eskimo did you ;-)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
A quick change of mind

Yes thanks FM I think that will do nicely.

HM

I'm glad i could help and Jager for knowing Quinn the Eskimo, kudos ;)

Now on to the important affairs, I see that Feindish Codex II is on your ok list.

Would a rogue/hellbreaker/shadowdancer work? still the same type of person just a different build

Dragonwriter

First Post
Now on to the important affairs, I see that Feindish Codex II is on your ok list.

Would a rogue/hellbreaker/shadowdancer work? still the same type of person just a different build

That would be fine. Though, in all honesty, you're not likely to fight too many devils/fiends... I've got a few things involving them, but not a huge amount (though if you want to suggest songs that could be tweaked to deal with them, go for it).

Frozen Messiah

First Post
I understand fully, although the abilities of hellbreaker are effective against anything that uses spell-like abilities or summons something ;)

I'm having trouble chosing a song that works just right for him out of the tens I have found but I will tell you if something comes up

Vertexx69

First Post
Seeing several lighter type concepts, so how about a nod to ironman? The concept would require access to races of stone (or crystalkeep.com pg 36) for the goliath though, plus the tail blade from savage species.[sblock=those 2 writeups]A goliath gets +4 str, -2 dex, +2 con and powerful build for +1 lvl adjustment. Any other features will be lost when I add dragonborn to it from races of the dragon.

Exotic weapon: Tail blade 1d8 (med)/19-20 X2 17gp 6lbs.[/sblock]or

A mounted fighter concept, that would depend on other material too (either eberron for the magebred carver, or sandstorm for the ashworm) as sandstorm has a great PrC the the ashworm dragoon that I'm dying to try out.

Let me know if these are too off the wall for you. I hate playing standard concepts :devil:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Seeing several lighter type concepts, so how about a nod to ironman? The concept would require access to races of stone (or crystalkeep.com pg 36) for the goliath though, plus the tail blade from savage species.[sblock=those 2 writeups]A goliath gets +4 str, -2 dex, +2 con and powerful build for +1 lvl adjustment. Any other features will be lost when I add dragonborn to it from races of the dragon.

Exotic weapon: Tail blade 1d8 (med)/19-20 X2 17gp 6lbs.[/sblock]or

A mounted fighter concept, that would depend on other material too (either eberron for the magebred carver, or sandstorm for the ashworm) as sandstorm has a great PrC the the ashworm dragoon that I'm dying to try out.

Let me know if these are too off the wall for you. I hate playing standard concepts :devil:

Oh, I've already got an Iron Man nod in there (see sentient Iron Golem mention in a previous post). I'll be referencing plenty of material (timeline-wise, I think so far I've got stuff from 1967-8 up to 2005). But if you want to do one of your own, go ahead.

However, I'm very leery of bringing in material from books I don't have. As I've said a couple of times, I don't like having to use Crystal Keep for the small amount of info they provide (and it's not always very accurate).

If you PM me a write-up of it, I'll consider it (though I'd prefer something out of the books I've listed as available). Or you can e-mail it to me, accessible through my profile page.

Vertexx69

First Post
[sblock=Platinus]
Platinus - Bahamut's Sword of Earth

Lawful Good Male Dragonborn Goliath Ranger 1 / Crusader 1

Patron Deity: Bahamut (The Platinum Dragon)
EXP: 3000

Strength 22 (+6) (16pt buy, +4 racial)
Dexterity 10 (0) (6pt buy, -4 racial)
Constitution 16 (+3) (4pt buy, +4 racial)
Intelligence 10 (0) (2pt buy)
Wisdom 12 (+1) (4pt buy)
Charisma 12 (+1) (4pt buy)

Size: Medium
Height: 7' 8"
Weight: 435 lbs
Eyes: Silver
Hair: none[sblock=Appearance]Platinus is a hulking dragon that walks like a humanoid. His platinum hide is accentuated by the scaly pattern that belies the oath he made as a child. He has a very pronounced snout jutting from the middle of his face just below his deeply hooded mercurial eyes. He would stand over seven and a half feet tall if he didn't walk with a deep hunched gait to keep his heavy tail off the ground. The tail sways slowly as he walks helping him keep balance. He carries an eight by one foot great sword in a harness across his back.[/sblock]Total Hit Points: 24 (18 + 3/lvl Con bonus of 6)
Speed: 20 feet
Armor Class: 18 = 10 + 8 [MW full plate]
Touch AC: 10
Flat-footed: 18

Initiator Level: 1

Fortitude save: + 5 = 2 [base] + 3 [constitution]
Reflex save: + 2 = 2 [base]
Will save: + 3 = 2 [base] + 1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +8 = 2 [base] + 6 [strength]
Grapple check: +12 = 2 [base] + 6 [strength] + 4 [powerful build]

Languages: Common, Terran, Draconic[sblock=Feats]Dragon Tail: Can make offhand attack with tail 1d6 +3 or by weapon.[/sblock][sblock=Skills]
6 + Int/lvl Ranger levels
4 + Int/lvl Crusader levels
Intimidate +5 =+4 [ranks] +1 [Cha]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +2 = + 2 [ranks] + 0 [Int]
Knowledge (Nature) +2 = + 2 [ranks] + 0 [Int]
Listen +5 = + 4 [ranks] + 1 [Wis]
Profession (Blacksmith) + 3 = + 2 [ranks] + 1 [Wis]
Search +4 = + 4 [ranks] + 0 [Int]
Spot +5 = + 4 [ranks] + 1 [Wis]
Survival +5 =+4 [ranks] +1 [Wis]
[/sblock][sblock=Manuevers]
Disciplines: Devoted Spirit, Stone Bones, White Raven
Granted Manuevers: 5(2)
Stance: Martial Spirit
1 level: (5) Crusader Strike, Vanguard Strike, Stone Bones, Charging Minotaur, Leading the Attack
2 level:
3 level:
4 level:
5 level:
6 level:
7 level:
8 level:
9 level:

Totals:
BAB +2 (+1: ranger/+1: crusader), Fort +4 (2: ranger/2: crusader),
Ref +2 (+2: ranger), Will +0 (+0:)[/sblock][sblock=Goliath]
• +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution.
• Medium: As a Medium creature, a hadozee has no special
bonuses or penalties due to her size.
• Gloiath base land speed is 30 feet.
• Powerful Build - The physical stature of a goliath lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a goliath is subject to a size modifier or special size modifi er for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the goliath is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A goliath is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A goliath can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefi ts of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Gol Kaa. Bonus
Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Terran.
• Favored Class: Barbarian.[/sblock][sblock=Dragonborn]• -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution.
• Type: Humanoid (dragonblooded).
• +2 dodge bonus to AC vs dragon type monsters.
• Immune to Frightful Presence of dragons.
• Draconic Heart: 1d8 Breath weapon 10ft line usable every 1d4 rounds.
• Favored Classes Fighter and Paladin.[/sblock][sblock=Equipment]
MW Full Plate = 1,650 gold/50 lbs, AC +8
- Restful Crystal 500 gold/- Sleeping in armor doesn't cause fatigue.
MW Large Great sword = 400 gold/16 lbs (3d6+10/ 19-20 X2 slashing)
Large Tail Blade = 34 gold/12 lbs (2d6+3/ 19-20 x2/ slashing)
Backpack = 2 gold/2 lbs
Flint and Steel = 1 gold
Whetstone = 2 copper/1 lb.
Waterskin = 1 gold/4 lbs .
Leather Belt = 2 silver
2 Belt Pouches = 2 gold/1 lb.
_____
Total:2523 gold, 2 silver 2 copper/49 lb. lbs.
GP on person: 9 gold, 7 silver 8 copper[/sblock][sblock=background]
to come
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay Vertexx, there's just a few things I see that need a slight adjustment. Here they are:

[sblock=Platinus' Adjustments]Why do you have a glide speed with the Heart Aspect and no Dragon Wings feat? It looks to me like you have 2 more skill points to spend. I don’t have the sourcebook for the Restful Crystal, so please send me a little more detailed info on what it does, how to make it, etc. A Large greatsword costs 100 GP, +300 for Masterwork. A Large tail blade costs double the price of a medium one.[/sblock]

Once those things are explained/taken care of, Platinus is good to go. And Jager, you're set. HolyMan, it looks like whatever edit you did removed your code setup, and I don't see the changes to Jasperian yet.

And Frozen Messiah, don't worry too much about having a corresponding song for your character. (Although there are a few songs I can think of that could work... Shout at the Devil, Running with the Devil, Highway to Hell... You get the picture. ;))

Frozen Messiah

First Post
I plan on putting in my character sheet over the weekend (homework has been getting a little heavy)

So Thomas Squire, defintition of chaos and every tyrants nightmare,(human rogue/hellbreaker/shadowdancer) should be up by Sunday (inspired song Seether, Eyes of a Devil)

Vertexx69

First Post
Okay fixed the costs of the weapons. the extra 2 skill points were spent on languages ie: terran and draconic. The restful crystal is a least augment crystal from the magic item compendium. When attached to MW or better armor, lets the character sleep in that armor without becoming fatigued like normal. Its just for night time ambush situations essentially.

Remove ads