Music-Inspired Insanity OOC [3.5, CLOSED]

Dragonwriter

First Post
I thought I already answered that, but here it is again.

What I've got planned (loosely) is as you start off, you'll be doing more outdoor adventures than indoor, but there's going to be a variety of each.

Theroc

First Post
As a note guys, I decided to try a more ranged/skirmish-type build. Basically, at the higher levels when we anticipate being outdoors, she'll fight while airborne, thus making her one less person to worry about for the most part, since she won't get hit in melee. (I'll have to work some stuff out to avoid archers though.) Flying with a potential breath weapon and a long range spine shooter thing, lol. I think that meshed well with the group well, since it seemed a bit melee heavy.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Just finished looking over your PC, Theroc. All the numbers look fine. Just a couple more things, though... Could you please list what soulmelds you'll have bound at the time and which chakra they're bound to? Also, are you sure you don't want to buy any food or other supplies (like torches/sunrods)? Seeing as you do have about 1,600 GP left to spend... And she needs some kind of clothing (one of the outfits in PHB) other than the chain shirt.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Just finished looking over your PC, Theroc. All the numbers look fine. Just a couple more things, though... Could you please list what soulmelds you'll have bound at the time and which chakra they're bound to? Also, are you sure you don't want to buy any food or other supplies (like torches/sunrods)? Seeing as you do have about 1,600 GP left to spend... And she needs some kind of clothing (one of the outfits in PHB) other than the chain shirt.

Well, I was going to pick my soulmelds when I saw the final group composition so I didn't fill an overloaded role. I can layout my commonly chosen melds and my different essentia recepticles for you. As for clothing, I think I'll have to go more in depth to describe that, since it wouldn't be typical.

Anyways, I didn't wanna lock myself into a certain meldgroup before I knew what I'd be needed for.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well, I was going to pick my soulmelds when I saw the final group composition so I didn't fill an overloaded role. I can layout my commonly chosen melds and my different essentia recepticles for you. As for clothing, I think I'll have to go more in depth to describe that, since it wouldn't be typical.

Anyways, I didn't wanna lock myself into a certain meldgroup before I knew what I'd be needed for.

I'm just talking about the melds you usually shape, like what you'll have shaped when you all meet up.

Since I see that Manticore Belt is a focus for you, basically list that and say you've got it bound to your Totem and choose what two other soulmelds you like best for the character. Since Shavallah probably wouldn't have met anyone else in the group (and they don't know each other either), there's no need to worry about her filling a spot, IC. Once she meets them and if you choose to shape different ones, go ahead.

(I'm mainly asking so that I've got an idea as to what you will usually be set for, and also how you'll look when the game starts, since each meld has it's own appearance on you.)

Theroc

First Post
I'm just talking about the melds you usually shape, like what you'll have shaped when you all meet up.

Since I see that Manticore Belt is a focus for you, basically list that and say you've got it bound to your Totem and choose what two other soulmelds you like best for the character. Since Shavallah probably wouldn't have met anyone else in the group (and they don't know each other either), there's no need to worry about her filling a spot, IC. Once she meets them and if you choose to shape different ones, go ahead.

(I'm mainly asking so that I've got an idea as to what you will usually be set for, and also how you'll look when the game starts, since each meld has it's own appearance on you.)

I'll try to add that stuff in the next few days.

Theroc

First Post
I think that about wraps it up. Anything else you need?

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Shavallah Touranisha
[B]Class:[/B] Totemist
[B]Race:[/B] Duskling
[B]Type:[/B] Fey
[B]Subtype:[/B] Incarnum, Extraplanar
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral (Undecided)
[B]Deity:[/B] None

[B]Str:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] 3,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +2         [B]HP:[/B] 36 (3d8+12)
[B]Con:[/B] 18 +4 (10p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +5     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] N/A
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (04p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] N/A
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]Spell Save:[/B] N/A
[B]Cha:[/B] 08 -1 (00p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -2         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] N/A

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +0    +3    +0    +0    +X    17
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +4          +7
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +3          +6
[B]Will:[/B]                      1    +0          +1

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Masterwork Spear          +6     1d8+4      20-20x3
Manticore spines          +5     1d6+1      20-20x2
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sylvan

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
[I]Duskling[/I]
+2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence: The duskling race's innate connection to
 incarnum grants them extraordinary health. Dusklings disdain strict
 education and learning, though no one is certain whether this is a cause or
 result of their slightly diminished reasoning capacity.

Duskling base speed is 30 feet. However, a duskling can invest essentia to
 improve this speed. For every point of essentia invested in this racial trait,
 the duskling's speed improves by 5 feet. (See Essentia, page 50, for
 information about investing essentia.) This enhancement bonus applies
 only when the duskling is wearing light or no armor and carrying no more
 than a light load.

Fey (Extraplanar): As fey, dusklings are immune to effects that specifically
 target humanoids, such as the charm person spell. As natives of an Outer
 Plane, dusklings have the extraplanar subtype while they are on the
 Material Plane (or any other plane besides the dusklings' home plane). This
 makes them vulnerable to certain effects that might force them back to
 their home plane. See the Duskling Planar Heritage sidebar for more details.

Fey (Incarnum): Dusklings are fey with the incarnum subtype (see page 169).

Low-Light Vision: Dusklings can see twice as far as humans in starlight,
 moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They
 retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Essentia Pool: A duskling's essentia pool is permanently increased by 1. If
 she doesn't have an essentia pool, this trait grants her one with a single
 point of essentia.

Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elf, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, and Halfling.

Favored Class: Totemist.

[I]Totemist[/I]
Wild Empathy (Ex): As the druid class ability; see page 35 of the Player's
 Handbook. You gain a +4 bonus on wild empathy checks made to influence
 the reactions of magical beasts of the same kind as the beast associated
 with the soulmeld bound to your totem chakra. Thus, if you have a basilisk
 mask bound to your totem chakra, you gain the bonus on checks made to
 influence basilisks.

Meldshaping: A totemist's primary ability is shaping incarnum soulmelds,
 which are drawn from the Totemist soulmeld list (page 58). You know and
 can shape any soulmeld from this list. Unlike the aligned forces of an
 incarnate's melds, your soulmelds channel the bestial spirits of nature.

The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Totemist soulmeld is 10 +
 number of points of essentia invested in the soulmeld + your Constitution
 modifier. Your meldshaper level is equal to your totemist level.  
A totemist can shape only a certain number of soulmelds per day. 

Totem Chakra Bind

Totem's Protection: +4 bonus on saving throws against supernatural abilities of Magical Beasts.

Illiteracy

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Point Blank Shot(level 1)
Precise Shot (Level 3)

[B]Meldshaping:[/B]
Can shape 3 melds

[B]Essentia:[/B] 3

[B]Commonly Shaped Soulmelds:[/B]
Manticore Belt(Totem)
Totem Avatar(Unbound)
Rageclaws(Unbound)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 24       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Spot                       6    +0          +6
Listen                     6    +0          +6
Knowledge: Nature          5    +0          +2
Ride                       2    +3          +5
Survival                   5    +2          +7

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Masterwork spear        302gp   06lb
Chain Shirt             100gp   25lb
Club                     --gp   03lb
CLW Potion (X3)         150gp   00lb
Remove Fear Potion(x3)  150gp   00lb
Shillelagh oil(x3)      150gp   00lb
Magic Fang Potion(x3)   150gp   00lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]68lb      [B]Money:[/B] 1,698gp XXsp XXcp

[B]Light   Medium   Heavy    Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                 76   77-153   154-230   460   1,150

[B]Age:[/B] 24
[B]Height:[/B] 5'04"
[B]Weight:[/B] 120lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Violet
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Lightly tanned
Appearance: Shavallah Touranisha was a wild-looking Duskling. Her natural beauty was somewhat tarnished by her unkempt habits, her hair thrown back carelessly. Violet eyes studied the environment assessing it for proper hiding locations for hunting, or escape routes. Her dress was rather plain, if perhaps considered inappropriate for proper cultures, too simple and revealing just a bit too much, though nothing truly was exposed. A light chain shirt garbed her form atop this, protecting her torso.

[sblock=Reference image]
91039.jpg
[/sblock]

Background:
Shavallah could not remember much of anything from her home plane. They had traveled on years ago, the girl adapting to the wilds of wherever they roamed. However, once on the material plane, she had become lost and missed when the family moved on, being stuck. Rather than bemoan her loss, she focused on survival, pushing her emotions beneath as she hunted and worked for survival, channeling her frustration along with the spirits of the greats beasts to assist her. As time wore on, she occasionally sold the pelts of her prey to collectors for supplies. After a time, she had accumulated enough money that she felt perhaps she should investigate a new 'hunting' ground... the city.

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Code:
Name: Major Tom Robinson
Code:
[FONT=Arial]Class: Hexblade[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Race: Hellbred (Spirit)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Size: Medium[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Age: 35[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Height: 5'6"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Weight: 150lbs[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Gender: Male[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Alignment: Chaotic Neutral[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Deity: Nadreich[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Str: 16 +3 (10p.)       Level: 3           XP: 3000[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Dex: 12 +1 (4p.)     BAB: +3         HP: 33 (3d10+1)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Con: 12 +1 (6p.)     Grapple: +6   Dmg Red: -/-[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Int: 13 +2 (5p.)       Speed: 30'       Spell Res: XX[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Wis: 9  -1 (1p.)        Init: +2            Spell Save: +X[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Cha: 18 +4 (10p.)     ACP: -1         Spell Fail: %[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]           Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Armor:      10       +4      +0      +1     +0      +0    +0      15[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Touch: 11              Flatfooted: 14[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]              Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Fort:            +1      +2      X       +3[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Ref:             +1      +1      X       +2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Will:            +3      +3       X      +6[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Weapon                      Attack   Damage     Critical[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](M) Longsword                +7       1d8+4         19-20x2[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](M) Longbow                  +5        1d8+2            x3[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Languages: Common, Infernal, Giant, Draconic[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Abilities: Hexblade's Curse 1/day, Arcane Resitance, Mettle, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Race: +2 Char, -2 Con, Darkvision '30, +2 Sense Motive, Devil's Favor, 30' darkvision[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Feats: Force of Personality, Practiced Spellcaster, Devil's Favor[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Skill Points: 18       Max Ranks: 6/1.5[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Skills                     Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Spellcraft                    4      +2              +8[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Intimidate                   3      +4    +2      +9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Concentration             6      +2              +8[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Bluff                           5      +4              +9[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Disguise                     0      +4    +2      +6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Sleight of Hand           0      +4    +2       +6[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Chain Shirt                    100gp   25lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](M) Longsword               315gp    4lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](M) Longbow                  400gp    3lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](100) Arrows                    25gp   15lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Silk Rope                        10gp    5lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Soap                                5sp    1lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Waterskin                        1gp     4lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Whetstone                       2cp     1lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Flint and Steel                  1gp    N/A[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](5) Belt pouch                   5gp    2.5lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Mirror                             10gp    0.5lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](10) Rations                     5gp     10lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Backpack                        2gp      2lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Disguise kit                    50gp     8lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Spell component pouch    5gp      2lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Holy symbol, wooden       1gp     N/A[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Musical instrument          5gp      3lb[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Spellbook, (blank)          15gp     3lb[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Potions:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Bull's Strenght               300gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Barkskin +2                   300gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](4) Cure light wound       200gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Hide from animals           50gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](2) Hide from undead       50gp[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Total Weight:89lb      Money: 764gp 4sp 8cp[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]                  Lgt      Med      Hvy       Lift       Push[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Max Weight:   76lbs  153lbs   230lbs   230lbs   1150lbs[/FONT]

(M)= Masterwork

Apperance: Tom Robinson would be considered an attractive man by most peoples standards but there are some mildly strange things about his apperance and how just being around him makes one's hair stand on end. Tom's eye's are pools of white due to him having no iris or pupil in his eyes and another strange feature is his lack of finger and toe nails. Tom's hair and beard are a pure white, a side effect from his death, and is always well kept. He is fairly short and thin which adds to his strang look. Tom usually wears a long coat but never a hat, he dosen't like to hide his face in shadow.

Backstory:
[sblock]
One day Tom Robinson woke up in Karvath on a slab in a crypt and could not remember how or why he was down there. Tom got up from the slab ,clumsily due to the confusion, and just looked around to try to figure his problem out. He saw that there were some fresh flowers that were placed beside him meaning that he people came by recently. Tom then grabbed the weapons he was layed down with instinctively and walked around till he found an exit. Tom walked out of the crypt and into the tail ends of his own funeral.

Needless to say the crowd panicked when they saw the form of the person they just saw dead on a slab walking towards them. Tom was then attacked and brought to the head cleric of the church. He was kept there for questioning for two weeks because the clerics could not identify wether he was supposed to be undead or a fiend finally they decided to let him go but he would never be able to to come back to the town. Tom agreed to this and was given some time to go to his house to get what he needed. Tom was able to locate his house in the town that he was sure he never saw before in his life.

As Tom walked through his house he began to remember what had happened to him. He remebered that he was a part of a sleeper cell of spies that worked for Karvath who were spying on Sebran empire to make sure there were no suspicious activity.They were meant to act like normal people and spread out through out the classes and job types, if they were to be found out they were to disband and make it seem as if it were a cult of a dark god. It was going very well when one of the members of the group betrayed Tom so he could get better information. When they captured Tom he managed to talk them down from the death sentence to imprisonment by saying that he wasn't part of any government and were only planing to disrupt trade carravans. At this point Tom was 28.

Tom spent five years in that prison waiting for his country to come and get him, they never did. One day a new guarfd came in and looked straight at Tom with eyes that held something far beyond human behind them. The guard told him that he could help him, this caught Tom's attention immediately. The guard said he could give him anything he wanted but ther was a trade for this, for the trade to go Tom would have to put up his soul for whatever it is he wanted. Tom hesitated for a moment but then agreed. A sick grin curled across the guards face.

Tom thought for a while and all he could remeber were his wife, Natalie, and his young daughter, Marcy. He hasn't seen his wife for 13 years and he has never seen his daughter but he was still providing for them by sending out money he would earn at his job(to those who questioned it he said it was for a brothers buisness). He asked the guard if he could make it so his wife and daughter would always have enough to eat and drink. The guard smiled and nodded saying "that it could be arranged". One month later he got a letter stating his wife and daughter were dead which confused him because they were always in good health, then it hit him and he knew that it was the guard who did it. Tom died 2 weeks later because he was so full of grief he refused toi eat.

Once all this came back to Tom he went mad and destroyed the house that he called home. As he walked out there was this smile on his face, the sort of smile that only means that someones going to do something crazy. he began walking and as he walked he felt a power in his veins thsat coursed through him, it only made him smile more. He didn't now why but he felt impelled to go to Gorin and so he walked.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay Frozen Messiah, here's what I see that needs to be fixed.

Hellbred with the Spirit Infernal Aspect have a -2 to CON, which you seem to have missed. Initiative is only +1. Your HP should be 33. Your attack bonuses for the longsword and longbow are off. Longsword should be +6, +1 more if Masterwork, and the longbow should be +4, +1 more if Masterwork. Also, did you have a Strength bonus placed on the composite longbow (if not, please remove the +3 to damage)? I don’t recognize the “Force of Personality” feat… What’s the source? And Practiced Spellcraft… Do you mean Practiced Spellcaster, from Complete Arcane? You also have 30 ft. darkvision. You only have 18 skill points, not 24 (3*4 at 1st, +3 per level after), so please pull some out.

Fix/explain those things and we should be set. I'll make an RG thread later today, give all the characters one last look over, and we should be able to get the game started on Monday at the latest. :)

Remove ads