• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My 13 year old Daughter and her friends are playing D&D in the Kitchen...

Kathaer

First Post
That's why canada is great.

CANADA IS GREAT.

When i used to play at school, teacher always treated me and my friends as nerds and rejects... ...

now i'm writing a "Role playing method for ill kids in hospital". That's based on my self experience. Well, fortunately i have never been ill as long as a lot of kids in this f****n world, but i could see how a little experience in another world could set me happier. Mind a burned kid. He could never have a smart face. But in roleplaying, he can be anything he wants! and if he has 23 in chr, then, man, he has! and you can't say nothing!
Maybe alienation is not right or correct, but.. everyone can dream. My wish is that someone could dream together.

sorry for this excursus, but i'd like to explain. ^_-

Kathaer

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
The Players, as they are leaving a town where they just traded a Merchant's Daughter they rescued for a reward of a "Basket of Apples that change the color of your hair when you eat them" ( :\ ), are suddnly ambushed by a Giant, hopping Brain which appears to be spitting arrows at them.

THE BRAAAIN!! OOH MY GOOOD!! THE BRAAAAIIN WWWAAAAARGH!
Well.. i need that apples! "Apples of the Colored hair +2" ^_^

Teflon Billy said:
They are understandably freaked out and spurr their horses to get away from the brain. On of the girls throws a spear at the brain, and it screams, and from inside it run two goblins--one of whom was Carrying the "Brain Costume" and looking out a hole, while the other fired a crossbow out the hole he was looking out of. The one who could see was basically "directing the fire" of the crossbowman.

They turn around and massacre the goblins, and find a Talking, flying Cat as treaure.

:confused:

THE FLYING CAT... SPECTACULAR... something like Doraemon?! ^_^

Dr Awkward

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
The Players, as they are leaving a town where they just traded a Merchant's Daughter they rescued for a reward of a "Basket of Apples that change the color of your hair when you eat them" ( :\ ), are suddnly ambushed by a Giant, hopping Brain which appears to be spitting arrows at them.

They are understandably freaked out and spurr their horses to get away from the brain. On of the girls throws a spear at the brain, and it screams, and from inside it run two goblins--one of whom was Carrying the "Brain Costume" and looking out a hole, while the other fired a crossbow out the hole he was looking out of. The one who could see was basically "directing the fire" of the crossbowman.

They turn around and massacre the goblins, and find a Talking, flying Cat as treaure.

:confused:

This makes me impatient for the day when my girls are old enough to start DMing, 'cause I just know they're gonna run stuff like this, right here.

- DocAwk

Dr Awkward

First Post
Kathaer said:
now i'm writing a "Role playing method for ill kids in hospital". That's based on my self experience. Well, fortunately i have never been ill as long as a lot of kids in this f****n world, but i could see how a little experience in another world could set me happier. Mind a burned kid. He could never have a smart face. But in roleplaying, he can be anything he wants! and if he has 23 in chr, then, man, he has! and you can't say nothing!
Maybe alienation is not right or correct, but.. everyone can dream. My wish is that someone could dream together.

sorry for this excursus, but i'd like to explain. ^_-

Let me make sure I'm understanding you correctly - you run (or are planning to run) RPGs for kids who are hospitalized?

If I've got this right, then we need to talk. Email me at rpgadvocate at gmail, please.

- DocAwk

Laurel

First Post
It's always great to hear how the game is being passed on, and it sounds like in many cases the kids are intrigued on their own- even better!!!

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Morpheus said:
You ain't kidding! :(

Heh, pretty girls have been roleplaying for ages- they just aren't the popular ones. :p They're generally the ones with the dyed black hair, notebooks full of bad angsty poetry, and an unfortunate tendency to taste like cigarettes and fake blood...

eris404

Explorer
Tyler Do'Urden said:
Heh, pretty girls have been roleplaying for ages- they just aren't the popular ones. :p They're generally the ones with the dyed black hair, notebooks full of bad angsty poetry, and an unfortunate tendency to taste like cigarettes and fake blood...

I was never a pretty girl but otherwise you have described the teen-aged me to a T. :D

Up with goth girls!

edit: Teflon Billy, way cool! She needs to start a girl-only gaming group now.

Last edited:

R-Hero

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:
.... and from inside it run two goblins--one of whom was Carrying the "Brain Costume" and looking out a hole, while the other fired a crossbow out the hole he was looking out of. The one who could see was basically "directing the fire" of the crossbowman.

To quote Krusty the Clown....
"I've got to steal that bit."

Hilarious :D

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Kathaer said:
THE FLYING CAT... SPECTACULAR... something like Doraemon?! ^_^

Or a tressym, perhaps?

Sounds like a great game, though. Makes me wish I could time-warp my two daughters forward by a decade or so, plop the PHB in their hands, and see what they come up with. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads