• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My firrst AoO built

ProudWalker

First Post
Hey people, this is my first post here.

We play in a 8 lvl party and i decided to do an AoO based built.

I droped the barbarian levels which i initialy wanted to take so i can exploit the bonus feats of the fighter class.

So till now i've taken these feats
[FONT=&quot]dodge, two weapon fighting([/FONT]From the "gloves of balanced hands[FONT=&quot]), combat reflexes, combat expertise, improved two weapon fighting, kharmic strike , dual strike, weapon focus, weapon finesse, improved weapon finesse[/FONT].

In the next levels i'm going to add double hit, robilar's gambit, defensive sweep and deft opportunist.

The plan is to make as much as many Ao0 as i can. For every blow i'm going to get i'm going to give back a total of 6 hits. One for hitting me (karmic strike) one fore attacking me multiplied by 3. (dual strike and double hit make a total of 3 hits per AoO)

With a keen rapier i can use dexterity for the attack rolls and damage bonus (improved weapon finesse) while i'll score a critical threat in about 1/4 of my attacks.

I'm concerned about the damage though. I want to increase the effect of my hits. Better rapiers and items for greater dexterity is the one thing but the what else can i do to improve my damage per hit?

Dandu

First Post
If you want to deal damage as a fighter, you don't go for a Dexterity based build.

If you got rid of Dodge and Weapon Finesse and picked up Power Attack and Robiliar's Gambit, you'll see a massive increase in DPS.

Rhun

First Post
I have to agree with Dandu.

And why would you base your entire PC on making AoO's? Smart foes are not going to fall into that trap, and you're going to be left with a character that is sub-par.

ProudWalker

First Post
If i meet an enemy wich has melee approach in battle i'm going to take full advantage of the AoOs.

Plus with this built i'll have to focus only in Dexterity and Constitution.

I want something that will maximise use also the crtical hits that i'll score.
For example i found this feat called bleeding critical
Bleeding Critical (3.5e Feat) - D&D Wiki

Also i need something that will keep my character runnind cause his AC is going to be very low (-8 when i use karmic strike and robilar's gambit)

Dandu

First Post
Plus with this built i'll have to focus only in Dexterity and Constitution.
With a strength based build, you'll only have to focus on Strength and Constitution instead of having to spend more feats to hit for less damage with poorer accuracy.

Also i need something that will keep my character runnind cause his AC is going to be very low (-8 when i use karmic strike and robilar's gambit)
Minor Cloak of Displacement

Rhun

First Post
the "netbook of feats" is a d20 System Licensed Product.

That doesn't really make it "official." There are tons of 3rd party sources out there that are d20 licensed...it doesn't mean they are balanced against official sources. But if your DM is good with it, that is all that matters.

Nimloth

First Post
Well, your typical Aoo build uses reach weapons and size increases (Enlarge Person potions) to threaten a large area, so the opponents can't ignore you. Using scimitars for the crit range reduces this range to a point where they will be able to go around your character in many circumstances, even with Enlarge Person (which reduces dex by 2). I would suggest dropping the scimitars/TWF stuff and go for a reach weapon (dare I say...Spiked Chain...:eek:.) backed up by armour spikes (or some way of threatening when the opponents get in close). Otherwise, I am afraid Rhun is going to be correct, the foes will just avoid you and you will be left frustrated.

Remove ads