D&D 4E My One Hope for 4E

The Ubbergeek

First Post
Simia Saturnalia said:
...wouldn't a grey ink wash convert GW orcs into D&D orcs?
I mean, if you have Games Workshop minis, you know how to do stuff like that (I assume; there can't be that many Candlewax Terminators* running around).

Or, ya know, "Orcs from the mountains are grey. These orcs here are green." I hear pigment variation isn't that uncommon. :D

* A friend who loves 40K but hates painting put together a Dark Angels army by dipping the minis in dark green paint (might have even been house paint) and letting them dry, because store regulations say minis must be "painted", not "painted well". :D

You could make like me and FR... Two breeds, two slightly different culture... One more LOTResque and evil in my case, one more WoWesque and neutral.

zoroaster100

First Post
I agree with the OP. There are several things I've heard about 4e that I don't like, but if they fulfill this design goal and make it much easier to prepare for a mid- or high level game session, I will be willing to forgive a number of flaws (as long as the game is still fun for the players and DM).

The Thayan Menace

First Post
4orked Market

My one hope is that WotC allows the Forgotten Realms to continue developing signature fluff (e.g., not forcing Faerûn to accept Dragonborn or Golden Wyvern Adepts).

-Samir​

I hope they'll find a way to cut down on the 2 biggest time-sinks in combat in my experience:
1) Movement Chess. Player counts squares, accounting for diagonals, Tumble, and Haste, tries to see if he can move 60', avoid AOOs, and end up flanking, realizes he doesn't have enough movement, and starts over. Also, the related Spell Effect Surveyor Measurements. More NPCs per fight and more dynamic environments are likely to increase this effect, so I wonder what they'll do to counteract it.
2) Stacking Modifier Math painstakingly recalculated every round -- in part a problem due to too-rapid leveling and PCs' lack of familiarity with their modifiers, in part due to the varying modifiers such as Power Attack. Removal of iterative attacks will go at least some way to reducing this nightmare, but more temporary powers and abilities could increase it.

Remove ads