• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Myrgle, Adept of Yeenoghu (Gnoll NPC adept throughout his life and beyond)

Capellan

Explorer
BLACKDIRGE said:

That's a good question, and I did consider it. The reason I chose vampire is that I couldn't find a template for ghoul and believe me I looked everywhere. Plus I really wanted to use the Vampire Lord template.:D

I think vampire still works for the story line and plus it has a certain "cool" factor I couldnt reisist.:)

One possibility might be a second set of stats for level 10, using the True Ghoul template. I believe that's in the Creature Catalog - I'm also pretty sure that Piratecat linked to it in his Rogues Gallery thread. Thematically, it makes good sense, and True Ghouls can be every bit as nasty as vampires.

I might see if I can dig it up tonight, and do an alterna-Myrgle.

Unless Blackdirge wants to do it for us :)

keb

First Post
BLACKDIRGE said:

I took a look at it and its ok, but I'm still quite happy with Myrgle as a vampire. If any of you want to apply the ghoul template to him on your own, feel free.

Dirge

Oh I agree, vampires have always struck me as being perfect for the "evil overlord" title. :)

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Ok, ask and ye shall receive. Here is an alternate Myrgle at 10th level using Monte Cook’s ghast template. It drops his power level a bit but is more in line thematically with a follower of Yeenoghu.

Dirge
.......................................................................................................

Myrgle, Gnoll Ghast
Adept L10; med undead; AL CE; CR 11; age 73
HD 12d12; hp 97 hp;
Init +1; Spd 30 ft; AC 22 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, +6 chainshirt);
BAB +6/+1; Atk +7/+2 melee or +7/+2 ranged;
SV Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +16;
Str 12, Dex 12, Con --, Int 18, Wis 24 (26), Cha 18
(12th level stat bump, +1 to Cha)

Skills (53 points): Concentration +13, Intimidate +8 (18), Knowledge (religion) +15 (19), Listen +1 (11), Spellcraft +3 (7), Spot +1 (11), Wilderness Lore +10 (16)
Feats: Thrall to Demon (Yeenoghu), Willing Deformity, Deformity (gaunt), Dark Speech, Violate Spell
Languages: abyssal, common, gnoll

Armor: Chain Shirt +2, +6 speed 30ft, 25 lbs.
Weapons: Vile Heavy Flail +1: Atk +8/+3 melee, Dmg 1d10+2, crit 19-20/x2
Bite: Atk: +8 melee, dmg 1d8+1, crit x2
Claws (2): Atk +3 melee, Dmg 1d6, crit x2
Other Gear:
pearl of power (1st level spells), scroll of death knell, cloak of resistance +2, symbol of Yeenoghu (magical holy symbol, grants +2 to Wis, +2 to intimidate checks, and allows the wielder to summon 1d8 dretches 1/week), wand of animate dead

Spells: 3/5/4/2 (Save DC = 17 + spell level)
Commonly Prepared Spells
0 – cure minor wounds, detect magic, slash tongue
1st – seething eye bite, inflict light wounds (1d8+5), sleep, burning hands, protection from good
2nd – fangs of the vampire king, web, invisibility, burning hands (violated)
3rd – lightning bolt, serpent arms of Theggeron

Special Attacks:

Paralysis (Ex): Those hit my Myrgle's bite or claw attack must succeed at a Fortitude save of DC 20 or be paralyzed for 1d6+4 minutes.

Create Spawn: beings slain and left undevoured by Myrgle rise as ghouls under his control in 1d4 days.

Special Qualities:

Undead: Myrgle is immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning and disease. He is not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain or death from massive damage.

Turn Resistance: Myrgle has +2 turn resistance

Stench (Ex): A sickening stench of death and corruption surrounds Myrgle at all times. Those within 10 feet must succeed at a Fortitude save of DC 20 or be wracked with nausea, suffering a –2 circumstance penalty to attacks, saves, and skill checks for 1d6+4 minutes.

LuYangShih

First Post
Well, I love all of the character histories so far, but I must say, this one tempts me to send a smackdown character after him. He's just wrong. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads