D&D 5E Mystara Player's Guide free for download

The Glen

Legend
I particularly like that the Broken Lands is a straight presentation of the area and does not lean into the cross-eyed stupidity humor flavor of the Jim Holloway interior art of the original gazetteer.
As much as the TSR silly phase amused me, I wanted to keep a consistent tone throughout the book. So the broken lands were not done at slapstick. The same with Serraine, one is a hostile Wasteland to all forms of life on the surface, and the other is a magitek flying Marvel with lots of secrets to be discovered. Don't get me wrong I love the mishmash of cultures but I don't want it to be tongue-in-cheek in random places

The Glen

Legend
When you get a chance to do the read-through let me know what you liked or didn't like in particular. Feedback is always welcome

guachi

Hero
As a big fan of Mystara I really appreciate all your work. The Guide is simultaneously large and not large enough. On the plus side, combining all the various Mystara resources out there into one book makes it a good source for a DM to provide players a summary of a particular location and leave the in-depth stuff for if the player is actually interested.

havard

Adventurer
Well written and comprehensive work. Love the illustrations and of course the incredible maps by Thorfinn Tait. Clearly this is the most complete treatsie of Mystara for 5th Edition out there. I also like that you have added your own expansions here and there to make it truly your own work.

Great seeing my favorite setting be made available for 5E fans.

Moody Mac

Explorer
I was just about to start running The Lost City, and Keep on the Borderlands, and was looking for a suitable campaign setting to shoe horn them into. Mystara might work ok I guess.

pming

Legend
Hiya!
I worked on this for five years, converting the Known World to 5th edition. 224 pages, dozens of new subclasses, new races, spells, feats and types of magic. All original art and introduces one of the all time best settings to new players. After discussing it with friends and gamers, decided to put it up as a fanwork as the odds of WOTC opening up the guild is doubtful at this point. Enjoy adventuring in Mystara once more.

Downloading right now.

I was just looking at the previous PDF I had from...a while ago. Was even thinking of attempting a 5e Mystara game with it; your doc as "basic rules stuff" and my complete Gazetteer + Boxed Set collection for, well, everything else. :)

Thanks for your efforts no matter what though! Looking forward to a good delve into what you've done later on tonight!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

pming

Legend
I was just about to start running The Lost City, and Keep on the Borderlands, and was looking for a suitable campaign setting to shoe horn them into. Mystara might work ok I guess.
Er...you don't need to "shoe horn" anything. Just gently toss them at the map of the Known World and they'll slot right into their original locations. :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

The Glen

Legend
The thing was lost city is that it's a bottle model. It literally starts out with just a 20 x 20 room sticking out of the sand. You can put it anywhere because everything takes place Underground. In Canon it's in the nation of Ylaruam but as long as you've got a small stretch of sand you've got an adventure. The people don't resemble any of the surfaces because of their isolation, so much they have their own human variant.

Having run it I will say the bane of the module is the create food and water spell. They didn't have it in the original rules for the module and in fifth edition it ruins one of the major elements of the story

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases