D&D 5E Mythic Tiamat

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Why not?

Actually, i think the mythic template could be applied to a lot of monsters. I just did this quickly without much thought. But I actually love it as method to make stronger monsters without raising CR. Color me happy.
Sorry, but this book is a let down for me. It pretty much just cements my reasons for leaving 5E if this is the direction WotC is taking it. We've had some good discussions so I am glad you like it, but it puts me one step closer...

For me, I don't want superheroes and gods slugging it out. I know a lot of players like the over-the-top style of play, but it isn't my cup of tea. So, not that there is anything wrong at all with what you're doing, but if I had a character in a party that actually had a chance to defeat your Tiamat, I'd be so bored and disappointed in the game.

Sadras

Legend
Bookmarked!

PCs have just finished the 3RD Council Session in ToD and they are almost 12th level.
Will have to figure out how to incoporate this Mythic Tiamat into the game without it being a walkover.

NotAYakk

Legend
Every round a 320 AOE spike seems a bit off. I get how epic it feels, but half of the point of legendary actions is to boost outgoing damage/threat without it being focused all at once, so PCs can respond to the hazard.

I guess a d10 HD character with 16 con has 160ish base HP. Add a heros feast for 11, aid for 20, 10 temporary HP, a death ward and potions of every elemental damage resistance, and they can survive a round of that spike damage. Then you just put her down before she does it twice?

Remove ads