• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name Five Things You've Done That Others Probably Have Not

Flagg

First Post
jeff37923 said:
4) Found and became Father to my Daughter who had been hidden from me for 12 years.

darth_vader.jpg

Really though, that's interesting. Why on Earth would someone do something as awful as hiding a daughter away?

As for me:

1) Played Dungeons and Dragons with a girl who was the head of her high school cheerleading squad and social circle two years before. She was an angel. I'll bet nobody here's ever done that before.

2) Taken and passed one (and failed one) major doctoral prelim exam for mathematics by studying only the night before the test. Most people take an entire semester to study for them. Passing that one was my proudest accomplishment, and failing the other was probably the dumbest thing I ever did (if I had spent even just one more day, I would have passed).

3) Made out with four different girls in a two week period, followed by what is now a seven-month dry spell.

4) Been engaged to a girl who now lives in Australia.

5) Slept for over 18 straight hours (I wasn't sick).

GentleGiant

Explorer
Flagg said:
1) Played Dungeons and Dragons with a girl who was the head of her high school cheerleading squad and social circle two years before. She was an angel. I'll bet nobody here's ever done that before.
Yup, I think we can safely say that noone else has played with an angel before ;)

Flagg said:
5) Slept for over 18 straight hours (I wasn't sick).
Bah, been there, done that, got the T-shirt (and the coffee mug) :p

jeff37923

First Post
Flagg said:
darth_vader.jpg

Really though, that's interesting. Why on Earth would someone do something as awful as hiding a daughter away?

To say that my ex- is crazy is to put it mildly. I still really don't know. Every time I ask I get a different story.

At this point, I don't care as long as I get to see my daughter.

Roxlimn

First Post
1. Sighed with relief on hearing a stranger shriek in pain.
2. Got terribly drunk on a mountain trek while running low on food and water.
3. Touched a living human brain.
4. Mixed orange juice and chocolate milk for a tasty drink.
5. Had sex for 3 days. Yeah baby!

BlackMoria

First Post
Some more that I have done.

"Went all the way" with a pilot - to 9 'G's that is. I was doing my air orientation for my forward air controller course. The pilots took fiendish pleasure in ensuring us ground pounders had a 'fun' time. All my classmates came out of the CF-18 either covered in puke or severely wobbly and looking very pale. I, on the other hand, didn't mind the flight - a fact that pissed off the pilot. So, he keep upping the severity of the flight maneuvers trying to get me to puke or scream like a scared little girl (don't laugh....some of my class mates admitted they screamed like a scared little girl). Thank god for G-suits.

I got taken to 9 Gs and to 3 negative Gs (so the pilot claims). An experience that was.....well, most unpleasant and don't recommend for anyone. I was a little wobbly getting out of the cockpit but the pilots were most impressed that a non-pilot held up so well. They told me that us 'grunt' types very rarely handle anything above 4 Gs and -1 negative G. They gave me a certificate to celebrate the achievement. Bastards....

I've been bombed, shelled by artillery, shelled by mortars, shot at by German Leopard tanks and by small arms fire - all of it 'friendly' fire and all real ammunition. My wife says I have more lives than a cat.

I also tripped a landmine in Bosnia in '94 and thanks the gods, the thing 'dudded' or I would not be around to post this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads