• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name Five Things You've Done That Others Probably Have Not

WayneLigon

Adventurer
In a variation on the theme and the 'History Witnessed' thread, some personal history might be in order. Just name five things you've done that others might not have.
  1. Saw Star Wars in original release in the theater 23 times.
  2. Written a program using punch cards.
  3. Been within 20 feet of a wild bear with cubs, who were not in a zoo.
  4. Submitted a story to a major magazine.
  5. Had more than 10 gaming-related articles published in a paying market.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Of the following, I'm pretty sure some of you guys have done these things, but I'm still willing to bet #2 is unique to me.

1) Quoted in Wired
2) hiked down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon with a fifth of vodka and rum, but no water
3) Moonlighted as a nightlife reporter for a local magazine
4) Illegally crossed the border into Mexico
5) Seneschal of an SCA chapter

diaglo

Adventurer
WayneLigon said:
In a variation on the theme and the 'History Witnessed' thread, some personal history might be in order. Just name five things you've done that others might not have.
  1. Saw Star Wars in original release in the theater 23 times.
  2. Written a program using punch cards.
  3. Been within 20 feet of a wild bear with cubs, who were not in a zoo.
  4. Submitted a story to a major magazine.
  5. Had more than 10 gaming-related articles published in a paying market.

saw the Original Star Wars in the theater 7 times
written a program using punch cards
been within 10 ft of a wild bear on a trail in the woods
submitted an article for a journal and it was accepted and published

licked my elbow
worked for the feds during the anthrax scare

1. Spent a day in jail in Prague
  2. Got robbed on a bus in Buenos Aires (actually, the suburb Lanus)
  3. Had a skin graft on my face from behind my ear. Nearly lost an eye; missed it by half an inch. All the result of having the front wheel of my bike break off while racing down a dirt road. Ouch.
  4. Eaten crickets.
  5. Been on a "survival" hike in the desert of southern Utah with one of those juvenile delinquint camp counselors. I was not a delinquint, just to clear that up right away. :) I was also very close to a bear in the wild that time; a black bear, but not as close as WayneLigon, and I didn't see any cubs.
Probably a number of people have done this, but I've also climbed a 14-er in Colorado. I saw Star Wars seven times on it's initial theatrical run, including one drive-in "theater."

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
1. Saw Star Wars 12 times in a theater 1977-1978
2. Saw Raiders of the Lost Ark 10 times in a theater.
3. Dated Patricia Brashers (and didn't sleep with her when the opportunity arose).
4. Ate termites....just because.
5. Talked to Art Carney at an Alice Cooper concert.

Here are 5 more:
1. Been asked to leave the Memphis Zoo for making "those Greystoke ape noises" and angering the gorilla so badly he attacked the plexiglass.
2. Been asked to leave the Memphis Zoo (another time) for making the howler monkeys howl, which in turn made the lions angry which in turn began roaring and frightened a bunch of kindergarteners.
3. Ordered pizza and had it delivered to a college football stadium.
4. Walked out of a game while DM'ing to go with a girl to a bar to watch a "banana eating contest".
5. Forgot to vote on election day because I drank a gallon of vodka and watched Marx Brothers movies all day.

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
oops forgot to mention:

literally ran into Kevin Bacon.

he was coming into the men's room in the airport. and i was going out.

edit: was gonna say i was a goofy kid. But EN has me on that in spades

Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
1. Purposefully ended Explorer.exe in the task manager, and then deleted adware manually through the command prompt.

2. Accidently cut the phone line to the house...with a sword.

3. Took (and am taking) college classes...for free...as part of my senior year of high school.

4. Out-grew my dad in height by the time I was in 8th grade...and my dad is 6'4".

5. Wrote 3500 words of prose in a single day...for fun.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
1. Nearly fallen off a cliff
2. Had pieces of my foot eaten by ants.
3. Been bitten by a seagull
4. Eaten mealworms
5. Performed on stage at Chicago Symphony Hall.

Demiurge out.

Crothian

First Post
1) Was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade
2) Was in the Rose Bowl New Year's Parade
3) Spent a week in a London Hospital and had a vacation there extended from a 6 days to a summer
4) In third grade 2 friends and I won a High School programming contest.
5) With soda cans and an old bouy a friend and I set up a bowling alley on a private pier in the British Virgin Islands.

Turanil

First Post
DungeonmasterCal said:
3. Dated Patricia Brashers (and didn't sleep with her when the opportunity arose).
Is she a celebrity? I googled that name but didn't find anything!

Myself I have nothing interesting to say, since my life is overwhelmingly dull and hopeless. ;) Maybe I could mention that:

1. I have been unlucky more than anyone else. (Okay, that's subjective, but that counts, doesn't it?)
2. I have missed so much opportunities of romantic relationships that it's a miracle that I got married once. (Or maybe they were missed opportunities only in my deceiving beliefs? So, does it counts?)
3. I had a glimpse of the ultimate nature of our reality for a very brief demi second once, long ago. (But I admit this is very subjective)
4. I met the Lakota shaman Wallace Black Elk, at a useless conference. (Seems that people one meets is important, so it's the only one I can mention)

Diaglo said:
literally ran into Kevin Bacon.
I can't fathom who's that guy but I now recall that:

5. I invited Kevin (a guy next door) to eat bacon once. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads