• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name Five Things You've Done That Others Probably Have Not

qaaral

First Post
Saw "The Green Berets" in Viet Nam with live artillary being fired overhead.

In a pickup basketball game got to guard the "little" guy on the other team. He was 3 inches taller than me and lead the ABA one year in 3 shots made and was #4 all time on ABA for 3 pt %. I didn't do so well.

Had my Triumph Spitfire used as scratching post by a buffalo (bison) once while I was trying to neck with a girl.

Once talked to Wilt Chamberlain as he attended a college basketball game dressed in an outfit that included a purple cape.

fett527

First Post
Performed in a marching band at Disney World down Main Street
Buzzed my aunts house in a twin engine flown by my uncle
Played in a national Team Lasertag tournament (Q-ZAR)
gone snorkeling at Trunk Bay in St. John (often ranked as one of the most beautiful beaches in hte world, I imagine someone else on the boards has done this)
Been offered cocaine in the lobby of a major hotel in the Bahamas

(Don't remember how many times I saw SW on the original run- I was 3-4 years old. I know my parents took me more than once)

Turanil

First Post
WayneLigon said:
Just name five things you've done that others might not have.
6. Made love with Sa...<name deleted for confidentiality reasons>

That, I am pretty certain nobody else ever did. At least this thread can let me pride myself to having gone to bed with the ugliest woman on this world. ;)

7. Trying to make people laugh without succeeding at it.

AIM-54

First Post
1. Co-founded a college theater group, which survived my graduation and has, thus far, granted me legendary status (lord knows why).
2. Performed a mostly improv'ed ballet with a stuffed shark in front of hundreds of people just to get a laugh. (okay, it was part of Compleat Works of Wm. Shakespeare abridged. I still bet no one else has done that.)
3. Gone skinny dipping in a Southern Saskatchewan lake. It was during the summer and I still got hypothermia...
4. Road tripped from Washington, DC, up the east coast to Quebec City and then across Canada to Saskatoon, hitting nearly every major site of historical (and particularly military historical) interest.
5. Moved from Tampa, FL to Saskatoon, SK, having never previously lived north of the Mason-Dixon line (and having no Canadian connections either). I was 11.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Turanil said:
Is she a celebrity? I googled that name but didn't find anything!

No...but nobody here has dated her... LOL... and I'm the only guy who DID date her who didn't sleep with her. I still kick myself for that, some 22 years later.

Torm

Explorer
1. I participated on the prosecution side of my mother's murder trial.
2. I was watching the color bars when MTV came on the air for the first time, and I
watched "Video Killed The Radio Star" play.
3. I got married in high school.
4. I've been ordained in more than one faith.
5. I co-wrote a story with Keith R.A. DeCandido.

There's more, but I'll leave it at those five at the moment.

der_kluge

Adventurer
1. I've written music for band, and had it played.
2. I was a stage hand in a ballet performance in college.
3. Was Drum Major in high school.
4. Ran the most popular BBS in my county in college.
5. The software that ensures that you get your Wal-Mart flyer in the mail every month - I wrote.

for the heck of it
6. Had two D&D books published. I just submitted a book for HARP.
7. Hacked the "Pool of Radiance" game so I didn't have to look up the code anymore.
8. Bought the D&D movie on DVD. :)

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hmm, this is tough...

1) Honest-to-goodness amnesia (lost a day's worth of memories after a concussion).
2) Attended basic training at West Point.
3) Sang in at least 3 professional operas (not that I was a professional but the others were).
4) Established a large D&D/D20 community on the web that persists to this day. :)

But you know what, the above are pretty remarkable but not unique by any stretch. They do make good conversation starters though. I guess I haven't had that unusual of a life.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
1) Had an out-of-body "levitating over the bed" experience

2) Gotten drunk with Mini-Me

3) Eaten a full box (3 pounds) of cooked spaghetti to win a $30 bet

4) Beaten all 5 levels of Shinobi, all the way through, even the boss levels, without throwing a single shuriken (all punches/kicks)

5) Put 19 pennies in my nose (again, to win a bet). Only 18 came right back out-- one of them hung around in my sinuses until a couple days later.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads