Naming Fey characters

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I usually look to old welsh, breton or cornish names

Alouarn, Gwennol, Lowenna, Melyonen, Perlenzza
This character may be more Eastern European/Asian in overall flavor, but that’s not necessarily going to affect his naming. Especially if the fey world is “at angles” to the world of men.

Is there a resource you recommend?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
A lot of different species count as "fey", which one is your character?

I ask because any name ideas for a Brownie would be quite different from those for a Dryad or a Leprechaun or a Sprite, etc.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A lot of different species count as "fey", which one is your character?

I ask because any name ideas for a Brownie would be quite different from those for a Dryad or a Leprechaun or a Sprite, etc.
It’s a 3.5Ed PC using the Fey Heritage feat tree, so not one of the purely Fey species. (It’s also templated to have 2 heads and be a cryo.)

The PC’s actual race is 90% settled on being a Hengeyokai dog (Samoyed), but depending on campaign-specific rules, could be changed to a Lupin, anthropomorphic dog, or some DM’s HRed species. The write up for Hengeyokai notes there’s a connection between them and the Fey, but its nature is unclear and lost to time.

The idea is that he’s a warrior, but his family’s fey heritage has manifested itself more strongly than in living memory.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It’s a 3.5Ed PC using the Fey Heritage feat tree, so not one of the purely Fey species. (It’s also templated to have 2 heads and be a cryo.)

The PC’s actual race is 90% settled on being a Hengeyokai dog (Samoyed), but depending on campaign-specific rules, could be changed to a Lupin, anthropomorphic dog, or some DM’s HRed species. The write up for Hengeyokai notes there’s a connection between them and the Fey, but its nature is unclear and lost to time.

The idea is that he’s a warrior, but his family’s fey heritage has manifested itself more strongly than in living memory.

Laika is the Russian word for dog (Samoyeds descend from the Nenet Laika)

Last edited:

Remove ads