• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Natural Attacks and Two Weapon Fighting

Sigma

First Post
I'm putting together a minotaur from savage species, and have some questions.

1. What feat do I use to reduce the penalty a horn attack? Multi-attack requires that the creature have 3 or more natural attacks; two-weapon fighting requires that you use a weapon.

2. Can the minotaur use a double weapon (with two weapon fighting), make two attacks at a -2 penalty, and then make a gore attack? Would the gore attack be at -7 (-5 for secondary natural attack, -2 for making an attack when using two weapon fighting), -5, or -2?

thanks,
Sigma

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Looks like you can't reduce the gore penalty with feats, since you don't qualify for Multiattack.

The gore penalty will be -5. TWF penalties apply to primary attacks and off-hand attacks; the gore is a secondary natural attack, so the TWF penalty of -2 doesn't apply, but the secondary natural attack penalty of -5 does.

If you somehow get access to Multiattack, it'll be -2 for a secondary natural attack.

-Hyp.

Patlin

Explorer
I feel your pain. I've got a similar problem. I want multiattack for my psychic warrior, in order to use it with form of doom and bite of the wolf. While it will work fine with form of doom, bite of the wolf won't work unless form of doom is also up and running. At least, that was my conclusion.

Darklone

Uh, funny, didn't notice that the TWF penalties only apply to your hands.

Monks can kick without a problem then? Now that becomes difficult to adjust, I guess.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Darklone said:
Uh, funny, didn't notice that the TWF penalties only apply to your hands.

Monks can kick without a problem then? Now that becomes difficult to adjust, I guess.

No, they can't. They kick either as a primary attack or an off-hand attack. A monk's unarmed strike is not a secondary natural weapon.

It's only considered a natural weapon for the purpose of adjudicating spells and effects.

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads