Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind d20 Ideas

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
The rules document is done. I just want to read it cover to cover to make sure that I can truly claim it to be 100% Open Content.

But I have a question ... I haven't used the attachment feature of these boards. What is the file size limit? As a PDF the rulesdoc is 1.28Mb. If that is too much, I'll just post it as an RTF instead. That should be generic enough that any word processer can read it.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I admit that I had Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke VERY top-of-consciousness while writing Grim Tales.

So yes, I would say that GT is a good choice.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Hmm ... the maximum file size for attachments is 244 Kb. The PDF is 1.28Mb, and the rtf is 1.46 Mb (which is strange ... I thought the rtf would be smaller). The original MSWord doc file is 924 kb.

If you want this, email me your format preference. I'll send it that way.

countrygrrlhere@aol.com

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
As a teaser, here are the stats for the Powered Glider, as piloted by a stock Expert-level pilot.

Powered Glider
Medium-size Airship (Glider)
Airship Operation Feat:
Glider
Defense: 23 (+2 maneuverability, +2 pilot synergy, +5 defense, +4 Dex), flat-footed 19
Hardness: 8
Hit Dice: 2d10 (11 hp)
Maneuverability: +2
Initiative: +6
Attack: None.
Cruising Speed: 60 mph (6 squares)
Crew: One pilot (Expert, Skill +8, Def +5, Dex +4, Atk +4).
Passenger Capacity: One
Cargo Capacity: 200 lbs.
CR: 1/2
Cost: 500 G

Last edited:

redkobold

Explorer
Here it is

http://www.lyonstudio.com/d20/d20.htm

Click on the Nausicaa link to open the pdf or right click to save the pdf.

I just skimmed through it and it looks great!

Thanks Erica!

If any of you have a few minutes, look around my site at some other d20 articles, articles on sculpting miniatures, and some of my own sculptures.

Now if I can just find or put together some d20 rules for Thundarr the Barbarian my life will be complete. :eek:)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Some errata:

I just found some errata.

1. The equipment bonus for a Tower Shield should be +4, not +43

2. The monster entry for the "giant guardian" insect mentions the Remote Viewing, Sensitive and Telepathy psychic feats. These are feats from the non Open Content psychic feats system I use but could not include in the document.

Remove ads