Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind d20 Ideas

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Thanks!

I'm already tinkering on "version 2" that makes use of the Wealth system of d20 Modern. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the Wealth system works just fine for the Nausicaa setting. If you use a coin system, you have to have some way for PCs to replenish their coinage or else they will be quickly broke. This setting isn't like D&D where you can just go out an hack up a few orcs to get enough money to pay for room and board. lol Not only that, but Wealth is pretty much integral to d20 Modern/Future and is harder to excise than I thought. lol

So ... when I finish "version 2," it will fix the above errata, utilize the Wealth system of D20 Modern, and will also include the Ambassador advance class, which I somehow overlooked in the D20 Future SRD.

As soon as I finish it, I'll send it to LyonStudio so he can post it to his site for downloading. :)

Last edited:

redkobold

Explorer
Thanks for all of your hard work. I wonder if your publisher would be interested in getting a license for a d20 Nausicaa. With the dvd out it should get some attention. You have done a lot of work and with it almost all written it would just be adding official critter names, layout, editing, and illustration.

I think a product like this could get some traction as a pdf if not a print publication.

If not your publisher then as a modular rules and setting add-on to Grim Tales.

Also, even if not Nausicaa officially it could be given a generic fun name:

Skyriders of Deathworld

Big Bugs & Gunships

Warriors of the Wind (the original US release title of Nausicaa)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
That would be neat, wouldn't it? I've wanted a Nausicaa RPG ever since I saw the movie 20-some years ago, and even more so when I was finally able to track down the collected manga set a few years ago. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to begin to secure the licence (especially now that Disney has their fingers in the pot) and I wouldn't have the money to start it up anyway.

redkobold

Explorer
Speaking of the collected manga could you give the the correct amazon link for what I should buy? I see some used boxed sets which appear to be 4 volumes (like someone described) but then I see other listings for stuff up to volume 7. I want to order it but am not sure which ones to get.

Bobitron

Explorer
I bought the new DVD, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'll get the manga if I like the film.

The rules look nice, DnDChick! Thanks for your hard work.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Version 2

I have completed what I call "version 2" of the Nausicaa document. Here are the changes:

1. Added the Ambassador advanced class from the d20 Future SRD.
2. Returned to the Wealth system of d20 Modern.
3. Expanded the rules for salvage and repair.
4. Included the Overland Movement rules from the D&D SRD.
5. Fixed other noted errata.

Right now you have to email me to get v2, but I have emailed it to LyonStudio and I'm sure he will have it posted soon.

Enjoy!

Oh ... and if any of you ever run a Nausicaa game using these rules, post back here and tell me how it went! :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads