NC Game Day XII: January 20th - BE THERE!

Belen

Adventurer
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
How big is AF&G room? I just looked on their calendar, and they have MTG & D&D minis tournaments scheduled on Jan 20th, but no mention of the gameday.

We don't want to have to fight with the plasti-crack and cardboard crack addicts to get our dice crack fix, do we?

Not big enough to have all that a normal gameday has to offer. It looks like they just have their normal repeating schedule up on the calendar. I will call them and have them make the change.

Alenda

First Post
BelenUmeria said:
It will be at All Fun and Games in Cary, NC. Their website is www.allfunngames.com

They have directions on their site.

Argh! You beat me to it. The directions are located on this specific web page: http://www.allfunngames.com/directions.html

There are lotsa yummy restaurants around the store including: Rodino's Pizza and Grinders, Chick-Fil-A, Red Hot & Blue, Burger King, and a Chinese restaurant (whose name escapes me). There's also a hot buffet available at the Whole Foods (in the same shopping center).

Across the street is a TGI Fridays, Quizno's, Dominic's Pizza, NY City Bagels, and a McDonalds in the Walmart. There is also an O'Charlies just down the street.

If you have any questions about the location, please feel free to ask!

Alenda

First Post
How big is AF&G room? I just looked on their calendar, and they have MTG & D&D minis tournaments scheduled on Jan 20th, but no mention of the gameday

Yeah, that's just an oversight. They have been advertising for the Game Day in their past few newsletters, so it will definitely be on the 20th. They just forgot to put it on their calendar.

There won't be any MTG tournament that day, because Jan. 20th is the day of the pre-release tournament in Durham, so the store will be all ours!

How big is AF&G room? I just looked on their calendar, and they have MTG & D&D minis tournaments scheduled on Jan 20th, but no mention of the gameday.

We don't want to have to fight with the plasti-crack and cardboard crack addicts to get our dice crack fix, do we?

You could always beat them up and take their stuff :)

Alenda

First Post
Rel said:
The NC Game Day isn't just about gaming with other ENWorlders. It's also about flirting with their wives. So make sure you join us on Friday night or Saturday night for hanging out and having fun chatting.

So, I'm in the process of updating the All Fun & Games website to reflect the info about the NC Gameday, and I was looking for a good succinct description of the event for the site. I read over Rel's post to find some good info., and instead I notice the above phrase!!

Bad Rel! Bad, bad Rel!!

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Okay, I think I can make this one, and for the first time, I hope to run a game:

Snakes on a Zeppelin
During the filming of this 1937 B-grade movie, y'all (the Spanish swashbuckling villain, the anthropologist, the stuntman, the doctor/WWI vet, and the head of security) became good friends. It's good to have the shoot behind you, and now you're enjoying a leisurely flight back to San Francisco from the movie's set in the jungles of central Mexico. What could go wrong?

The game will use Spycraft rules (although I play very fast and loose with them; if it's not on your character sheet and you don't have the rules memorized, we'll make something up). Action dice will fly freely. Think Indiana Jones meets Raymond Chandler for the game's feel.

I'll try to get it on the website this weekend.

Edit: Rel, how do I request to be a GM on the site?

Daniel

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Pielorinho said:
Edit: Rel, how do I request to be a GM on the site?

Daniel

I have such a hard time with questions like this because it's been so long since I did it myself. I should probably set up an alt account for that purpose.

Try going to "Events" and see if there is a "submit an event" button there. Hopefully there will be and it'll say, "But you're not signed up to be a GM. Click here to do that."

Oh and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking I might have to play Snakes on a Zeppelin!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Oh and as for me, I'm going to run another Pirates of the Caribbean: Warhammer Style game. I'd love to get the local crowd together to run it for them beforehand. Anybody up for that? And when would you be free?

Remove ads