NC Game Day XV - January 26

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Greetings friends! It's time for the next NC Game Day! If you've been then you know how awesome it is. If you haven't, what are you waiting for?!

As we've done with the last several events, all registration will take place at the Official NC Game Day Website.

To schedule a game, the following must happen in order:

1) You must register on the site, and request to be a GM. If you were a GM on a previous Game Day, you should still be a GM on future Game Days, so go to step 3.

2) An admin (Rel or Morgenes) approves you as a GM.

3) You submit your event (Events -> Submit), filling out the required fields and submitting it.

4) An admin reviews and accepts the event, and assigns it to a table.

Important: Right now we are only taking submissions for GM's to run games. If you're going to run a game send it in as soon as possible. Players can take the next week or so to look over their options. On Friday, January 4th we will open up registration for players to sign up for these games. We will continue to take submissions for games after this but there is a good chance that folks will already have signed up for stuff so the sooner you get it in, the better your chances of having players.

If you want folks to be able to sign up for your game in advance, use Open Game.

There are two main slots for role-playing games this game day. Either morning or afternoon. Morning runs from 9-2pm. There will be an hour lunch break till 3pm, then the afternoon session runs from 3pm - 8pm.

So when you submit your event, I recommend a start time of either 9am or 3pm, depending on what slot you want to run in.

The additional notes field is so you can tell the administrators about any special needs you might have, like a certain size or shape of table, or power needs.

If you have previously registered at the NC Game Day site then you don't have to do that part. If you've previously run a game at NC Game Day then you don't need to register as a GM. All you have to do at that point is submit your game and have it approved and slotted.

This is also the thread to talk about stuff like where we want to eat on Friday before the Game Day. If there are any other questions, I'm happy to answer them as usual.

Belen

Adventurer
Rel: I see that all the information on the Game Day site is exactly like it is supposed to be and you didn't forget to reset the events. You're completely awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Belen said:
Rel: I see that all the information on the Game Day site is exactly like it is supposed to be and you didn't forget to reset the events. You're completely awesome!!

That's very nice of you to say, Belen.

Belen

Adventurer
Star Wars Saga: Shades of the Sith

It has been a sixty years since the Jedi Civil War. Revan and the Jedi Exile, Merin never returned from their journey into the Unknown Regions. The Jedi Master Atton lies on his deathbed within the remains of the Jedi Academy on Dantooine and he calls out to the galaxy for help. The call is only heard by a select few.

On Dantooine, Atton relates his vision, "A time will come when the light of civilization will be threatened by the darkness beyond, a time when the Jedi have been corrupted utterly by the Dark Side. You must find find Revan and Merin in the Unknown Regions and prepare a candle to be lit in the darkness to come. The Ebon Hawk is yours. TM-34 will take you to a place where you may begin your journey."

Soon after, Atton Rand, Jedi Master, becomes one with the force.

Belen

Adventurer
I would like to throw out there that maybe we should switch to 4 hour slots. This would give us time to have a decent lunch. I recommend game times from 9-1 and 3-7.

Belen

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Due to the holiday-money-crunch, Kennon and I won't be able to make the January gameday. :( You'll be seeing us in April, though!

NnnnnnnOoooooooo!!!!!!!!

Luckily, as things stand now, we're still going to visit you guys in February.

Belen

Adventurer
Someone, someday, needs to tell me why the View First Unread function on ENWorld has not worked in forever!

Toras

First Post
Four hour slots could work, but I suspect that people would run over significantly, as four hours is a short amount of time to try and slip a game in a system that not everyone is familar with and provide a satisfactory conclusion.

Regardless, I am looking forward to this. Trying to decided if I should run and what exactly to run will be interesting.

Remove ads