Necromancer Games shutting down next year.(UPDATE post 93)

mmadsen

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
If they'd put ToM1 up on Lulu.com, I'll be the first customer. And price it to make a profit this time!
Come to think of it, they could probably put their entire catalog of adventure modules into one print-on-demand hardback...

Xyanthon

First Post
Wow, I don't know what to say. If there was one company in the D20 arena that was on solid ground it was Necro. Those guys put out some of the best stuff for D20 and I'll be sad to see them go. Looks like I'll have to go to their site and make some direct purchases for the stuff I wanted but don't have yet.

Grimstaff

Explorer
Belen said:
Maybe if we started a petition to let WW know how much we love NG products. I would like to do something.
Well, since WW sold out to an ICELANDIC SCIENCE FICTION COMPUTER GAME COMPANY (!?!?!?) they could care less about d20. They quit caring a long time ago, I think Scarred Lands ended in '05, am I right?

Unfotunately, Necromancer got stuck relying on Kenzer for their distribution. Yeah, remember Kenzer, the company whose new stuff stopped appearing in your FLGS years ago? I guess the lead-poisoned chimpanzees (KODT fans know who I'm talkin about!) in charge of their distribution finally gave up the ghost.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Belen said:
I already own everything they have released and gotten my local stores to purchase as well. What else do you want me to do?

Reviews. Convince others to buy.

Petitions can be neat and all but it seems that the problem is low sales.

I'm not trying to say "you" haven't done enough. I was just speaking in general.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
thedungeondelver said:

Lucky me, right on the cusp of my first project being published. :[
Double-crap! :eek:

The first word I thought of upon reading the title of this thread was "crap." I opened the thread and the first two replies used this word. It seems exceedingly appropriate.

Dungeon Delver, maybe this will be a good thing for you. When you take your other stuff to other publishers, maybe they'll say "Oh, [your project name] was yours? I heard it was fantastic, but it didn't quite get printed." Hopefully the mystery will work in your favor. Of course, it feels like crap now....

Mechanurge

First Post
Wow, that's really a shame. I still enjoy reading their titanic Wilderlands of High Fantasy set. Does that mean the Judges' Guild will be gone as well?

sakkara

First Post
Nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I am so disappointed, but I can't say I didn't see it coming with the distribution shift from WW to Kenzer. The books were harder to find, and I have to say physically they felt just a smidge flimsier.

With Monte essentially closing the door on Malhavoc and now Necromancer probably closing, it will make my wallet and my heart heavier. My wallet is happier, but little else.

Much like some others have eluded to having many Necro books, I have virtually all the books from both company's lines, including the "special" products like Ptolus, Wilderlands boxed set and Rappan Atthuk Reloaded.

I wish they were still producing books at their old pace -- I'd buy them. Great match of quality and quantity. At least Necro will finish out the queue of what have in process -- I guess continuning to buy them can only strengthen any chance they have to hold on.

Sakkara

T. Foster

First Post
Mechanurge said:
Wow, that's really a shame. I still enjoy reading their titanic Wilderlands of High Fantasy set. Does that mean the Judges' Guild will be gone as well?
No. Judges Guild and Necro had already gone their separate ways and Tegel Manor was already scheduled to be Necro's last JG release. Future JG d20 reprints (starting with, I believe, Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor) are being done by Goodman Games, and new Wilderlands C&C stuff is being done by James Mishler's company (Adventure Games, or something like that?).

Remove ads