D&D 5E Necromantic party

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
As long as the players and the DM were on the same page, I think I'd have a ball playing that.

I don’t know. 430d6’s + 960 will certainly leave a dent in whatever it is you’re sending if they all have short bows.
Small parties have the advantage of being able to slip in and out of places without drawing a huge amount of attention. Usually. Sometimes. *Cough*

But an army of 400+ undead tends to draw attention. The 4,000 cavalry kind of attention. People start taking you seriously as a national level threat and responding appropriately. Of course, if your players intentionally want to roleplay a necromantic blob covering (a small part of) the horizon, then it's doubtful any DM is going to smoosh your aspirations so callously. But you should have some kind of plan for when an actual army with actual numbers shows up.

tglassy

Adventurer
Finger of Death is on the Sorcerer, Wizard and Warlock Spell list. That could be used to create a new zombie a few times a day that doesn’t need to be reasserted. So technically, give the party a year and they’ll have 2,190 permanent zombies, not including the ones created with Animate Dead.

It would be interesting to play a campaign of necromancers with the goal of taking over the world. Searching for valuable artifacts that increase their power, dodging Paladin and adventurous parties. Building their undead army one soldier at a time.

Unfortunately, I’d much rather play such a game than run it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases