• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need help making a undead killing cleric

ouini

First Post
Re: Turn don't rebuke

Elder-Basilisk said:
Rebuked, turned, and even commanded undead can be commanded by another cleric (turning and rebuking can be dispelled). There's nothing that can be done about undead that are destroyed though.

True, nothing can be done about destroyed undead. Then again, they can't help you fight the remaining undead who aren't destroyed. Talk with your GM, see if you can come up with a domain ability similar to the Sun-domain ability, but for rebuking/commanding instead of turning/destroying.

Also, I'm not positive, but if you rebuke undead, I'm pretty sure you can't 'dispel' the rebuking.

I agree with Elder-Basilisk's choice of feats. For a third level Cleric like you're constructing, Extra Turning/Rebuking (probably through a domain) and Heighten Turning (DotF) are good choices.

If you go the Ranger/Cleric route, you should probably skip Divine Vengeance (DotF, gives you 2d6 extra melee damage against undead for 1 round for one turn attempt), and instead get Favored Enemy Strike, Undead (gives you 1d6 extra damage against undead, melee or ranged, all the time).

Gromm

First Post
Definately take Craft Arms and Armor for Ghost Touch weapons and armor, and a disrupting mace.
Otherwise its not overly hard to make a cleric an undead destroying machine, its what they are made for. I agree that Sun and Healing are your best domains- both have spells that are great against undead.
The amulet vs undead is also worth the effort, otherwise defenders of the faith has some good anti-undead turning feats IIRC.
Extra turning feat is a must anyway.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Re: Hey Reaper.

Azazu said:
What do you mean

"use google"

???
dude, does it have to be spelled out?
You mean you don't use www.google.com as your search engine?

Well, there's your problem right there... :)

go there, type in "Radiant Servant of Pelor", find it.
Re-read the Lich Smackdown, and you're almost all set to make a cleric that will absolutely rip up undead like noone has before. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads