• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Help Remaking Dark Schneider

RookSeven

First Post
I'm interested in making a version of Dark Schneider from the Bastard! anime series. He's a better-than-average Fighter (he went toe-to-toe with Ninja Master Gara for quite a while) as well as an insanely powerful Fire Sorcerer (he killed a Fire Elemental with a fire spell). :D His weakness is that his soul shares a body with a young boy whose only skill seems to be doing laundry. Any suggestions to making a Fire Sorcerer/Fighter or more specifically Dark Schneider himself would be appricated.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ha ha, that was a great anime. For starters, the elemental savant prestige class fits his casting focus in flavor, although you might find it a little underpowered. The original posted in Tome and Blood was pretty good without being unbalanced. I think they did a re-print in one of the newer books (probably CA) that nerfed them a little.

And then, there's also the rage mage from CW. A character who casts more powerful spells by going into a barbarian-like spell rage ^_^.

As far as the role-playing perspective goes, it depends on several things. Is he the Dark Schneider from before the events of the anime (ie, Chaotic Evil), or is this in the middle of or after the anime where he's more like chaotic neutral? Also, the anime made the transformation happen when he was kissed by a maiden. If you're going a darker, more evil route, the book of vile darkness might be useful for taking a "poetic license" with how this curse operates.

Hope that helped at all.

RookSeven

First Post
I'm not sure if I should go with the Fighter/Sorcerer route or go with Battle Sorcerer from Unearthed Arcana. I also liked the Death-Touched class for it's bonus to Charisma which would work well with the Sorcerer portion of Darshe (I also thought its description matched him to a t). But then I thought that the addition of Half-Fire Elemental (for obvious reasons) or Fire-Souled (for his ability to lead legions on a completely random path with no real goal or motives). If anyone has seen the anime or read the manga & has an opinion, please let me know.

Also thanks Stream for your input. The Elemental Savant would work pretty nicely I think. I'm also thinking that I'd like to go with the "released" Dark Schneider when his soul was tied to Rushe's. Now if I could just find that slime that Gara used... :lol:

Moon-Lancer

First Post
i have seen the anime. I really like it.

well I might take the improved familure feat and get a sudo dragon (that blue thing in the show)

escew materials might be good for flavor.

if your going sorcurer i would also suggest incantrix maybe. It seems to be the most powerfull prc for a sorc even though its made for a wizard. Multi class as fast as you can. sorc casting is awsome, but the class sucks really bad. thiers a problem if you can jump out of a class into prc and looose NOTHING from the original class.

I would give him orb of fire, force orb, fireball scortching ray. I would also maybe give him energy sub just in case. maybe lightning.

it might even be better to be a warmage from compleat arcane, that is if your only doing combat magic.

Not sure how you would emulate his ability to survive at all odds. Maybe there is a strange necro spell that would work for that. some sort of second life spell or something.

Also a phionic wilder with fire powers would be a good choice. They can burn power points in much of the way that snider seems to over drive his spells.

snider would probably have sudden maxamize and sudden empower if he was a arcane caster. I think thier are equivlent phionic feats as well.

if you were phyonic i would suggest and elan with white hair. they live forever in terms of age, so he could be as old as you wanted him to be.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads