NekoCon-anyone else go? Plus, a picture of me!

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I went to NekoCon last weekend. I live nearby, so I didn't have to pay for a hotel, and there were quite a few people I knew there. Michael "Mookie" Terraciano, the guy that does Dominic Deegan, was there. I got a Death from Above shirt, a cast poster that he kindly signed, and I dressed up as Jacob Deegan-he said I was only his second cosplayer evar! :cool: So awesome for me. The guys that draw Comedity were there, too. My brother really likes that comic, so I asked the artist for his autograph, and he drew a picture of superhero-Garth for him :) So, the next day I dressed as Red Right Hand, a character from his comic. The hand kinda turned out orange, but c'est la vie.

Anyways, I went more for the webcomics than the anime, and wasn't dissapointed. I saw the husband-and-wife team that do Mine's Bigger, and they were happy to see me dressed as Jacob, which was cool. I went to Mookie's panel on writing memorable heroes and unique villains, and it was completely awesome.

Well, that's all. The picture is me about to shell out for the Death from Above! shirt. My custume wasn't done yet, I streaked my hair later. Mookie has those pictures; I asked him to post them in his fanart section, so hopefully everyone (and me!) will be able to see how I looked :)

Attachments

• BenAtNekoSmall.jpg
    BenAtNekoSmall.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 82

Remove ads