Nentir Vale coming to 5e

Zardnaar

Legend
Lol they are good at playing these forums. Its gonna be Eberron its gonna be Darksun its gonna be XYZ and we get Ravnica and Eberron. It will get here when it gets here.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, to be fair, the Nentir Vale Pantheon's been officially written up as much as any PHB pantheon since the DMG came out. I don't know why they stuck it in the DMG and gave us all those real world pantheons in the PHB, but there you go.

Forgot to say this earlier: I really, really want a Nentir Vale sourcebook for 5e. We had what was going to be a Nentir Vale Gazetteer, a 4e analogue to the Known World Gazetteers that fleshed out the Mystara world back for BECMI, literally ready to print before Mearls ordered it cancelled. My deepest hope is that they still have it saved somewhere in the WotC archives and can use that to flesh out the world. Even if it is just a reprinting of all of the Nerathi Legends articles and the few other "regional" articles from Dragon, the Nentir Vale deserves some love.

The real world pantheons help with easing worldbuilding. Thor and Osiris are things people know and can build off of organically.

The Nentir Vale pantheon was used in the DMG as an example of how to construct a pantheon, using the 4E teams logic and explaining their choices. Pretty natural, in both cases.

pukunui

Legend
That sounds pretty awesome.
I think it had (has?) a lot of potential. I just wasn't confident I could bring it to life. I think I also ended up laying it to the side once the finished version of 5e came out and I got swept up in running the actual published adventures instead of developing my own further.

I'd like to see the devs do a more extensive separation of Nentir BANE from Realms BANE in the deity lore, unless they want to merge the two Banes, which might make people's heads explode.

They did a Deities & Demigods article on Nentir Bane - or Achra, if it's easier for you to remember - early on in 4e. It really sold him as just who he was and why.

Dragon issue #372, to be exact, if you want to read up on it.

I hear the author's kind of a hack, though. ;)

Nentir Vale needs something to be special, but it is a world where all new things from last editions can be added.

An option could be add parallel earths or timelines like the time spheres from Chronomancer AD&D.

I admit I was turned off by 4E, and thus by Nerath. But now I'd like to see Nerath (or whatever The World of Points of Light as a whole is called) to take its place as one of many settings of the 5E Multiverse. Three things I'd like to see in a Guide to Nerath:

1) I'd like to see a world map. Take that teeny map of The World (from the 4E diagram of the Multiverse), plus the continental map of Nerath, plus the Elsir Vale map from Red Hand of Doom and Scales of War (lining up the Golden Plains with the Golden Savannah from the Nerath boardgame map, as a western extension.) ...and synthesize them into a proper world map.
2) I'd like to see what "Nerathspace" is like, as a crystal sphere.
3) I'd like to see Nerath's timeline lined up date-wise with the other worlds. For example, the events from 3E Elsir Vale may've happened hundred-some years before 4E Nerath, like 3E FR vs. 4E FR.

Mercurius

Legend
Nerath_Maptrib.jpg

Remove ads