3PP Release New 3PP release: Manual of Adventurous Resources: Complete! AVAILABLE NOW!

xiphumor

Legend
Yeah, I probably need to prioritize a wielder/warlock chain for all the Elric fans out there, eh? ;)
I mean, it makes more sense than whatever the Hexblade was trying to be.

I feel like Fjord from the Mighty Nein demonstrated really well that the hexblade could be so much more than just a magic sword user, but he didn’t get any mechanical elements to back up his patron’s flavor until way late in the story.

Pedantic

Legend
Yeah, I probably need to prioritize a wielder/warlock chain for all the Elric fans out there, eh? ;)
I think there's probably a base wielder archetype in there as well. The Entrusted in reverse, where you are slowly gaining dominance over a cursed/evil/etc. artifact that you're turning to your own purposes.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I think there's probably a base wielder archetype in there as well. The Entrusted in reverse, where you are slowly gaining dominance over a cursed/evil/etc. artifact that you're turning to your own purposes.
I already have an archetype called the Burdened that's based on a cursed item planned for the final Thematic Toolkit release. :)

Timespike

Final? You’re wrapping up TTs AND MoAR? I sort assumed TTs would just carry on indefinitely.
TTs haven't been doing fantastic, sales-wise, so they're being replaced with a different line called Multiclasser's Manual. I still intend to keep making multiclass synergy feats unless I somehow run out (seems unlikely, with the drip feed of new classes) but they'll be in a different product line now.

The major complaints I was getting about the Thematic Toolkit line was that they were too niche and too small. Multiclasser's Manual will be a set of 20 or so synergy feat chains, plus a bunch of ideas for how to use them to make various different character types. Each two-class combo will be a two-page spread. Hopefully with 20 of those per volume, it'll have some broader appeal.

Last edited:

this thing is a tome, and it's great. i particularly like the touch of being able to elemental blast from any point with a significant amount of your element within your control elements range. little things like that really help sell the fantasy of the classes being portrayed.
I tried looking at the one of the lower-res PDFs and ran into the same time delay problem.
i actually compared both - the lower-res one did lag, but not as much.
I thought I was going to be here for the Elementalist, but I'm really into the Wielder. How could I have missed the obvious parallels between the Arthurian sword-in-the-stone legend and magical girls?!
the best part of that for me is that there's actually an NPC in a (currently on-hiatus) 5e game i'm in who has the title of torch-bearer. who knew all along that he was secretly a magical girl? ;)

Timespike

I tried looking at the one of the lower-res PDFs and ran into the same time delay problem.
I randomly checked a couple other PDFs I have from various companies like MCDM that know what they're doing and ... same issue. The little bit of a render delay as the layers all come in is unavoidable, I think. However, I should be able to get the bookmark situation addressed soonish. I'll send the file update email notification once I'm done.

Timespike

Bookmarks should be there. Nothing I tried made much of a difference on the render lag, though. :/

The PDF update is a big improvement IMO. :) I think having two pages sitting side-by-side to each other originally might have caused the time delay on the right-hand scroll bar. As I didn't see much of a delay when I had just one page on my screen at a time. The up and down arrows on the scroll bar were more responsive.

Anyhow, if you were playing an Elementalist, what would be your Elemental Affinity? I think mine has to be Earth, but Lightning comes in at a close second. ;)

Remove ads