D&D General New D&D Boardgame Coming

Spotted at London's Toy Fair by Dicebreaker.com was a new D&D boardgame. The box says “your quick start, quick play entry into the world of D&D”.

dungeons-and-dragons-board-game-adventurers-gate-box-non-final.jpeg

photos by dicebreaker.com

This was in the catalog (different name, same art but some is rearranged):

dungeons-and-dragons-board-game-adventure-begins-toy-fair-catalogue.jpg

Mercador

Adventurer
Is it me or the colors are, well, kinda weird? It seems there's several art directors in DnD and they don't speak the same language.

happyhermit

Adventurer
Is it me or the colors are, well, kinda weird? It seems there's several art directors in DnD and they don't speak the same language.

Different art styles are great, especially if you are trying to appeal to different audiences. The main books all go through the same hands and are consistent (sometimes I think a little too much so), so it's great to see a little bit of variety in some of these other products.

Henry

Autoexreginated
For those interested in the old Dragonstrike VHS, it’s out there on the Internet if one wants to go looking for it. I won’t post links because:

1) It’s technically still under copyright
2) I wouldn’t want to get anyone in trouble for doing so

I really do miss the old Heroquest game, though. It and its expansions were the perfect amount of adventure, combat, and character improvement between “missions” to introduce people to the basic ideas of RPG mechanics. Heck, it even had a referee/dungeon master in the form of the player assuming the role of the Wizard Zargon who prepared the dungeon layout and ran the opposition. 😃 It was perfect for a group of four to five people who wanted some D&D-ish action but only had an hour to kill. I sold mine many years ago during a move, but regret it now, because it would be pretty expensive to replace these days...

Esker

Hero
Shades of Second Edition...Does it have a CD? :D

Oh man! That game (was it called FirstQuest?) was my first exposure to D&D (after playing HeroQuest and wanting more crunch). I was suuuper excited about it (I think I was around ten, maybe?).

Edit: Looks like it came out in 1994, so I guess I was older than ten.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases