New Discussion Thread

Phoenix8008

First Post
Not sure if this has been asked before or not. For our L4W stuff is anybody awarding Quest XP? Like aside from XP for monsters defeated or skill challenges completed or roleplaying?

Dunamin

First Post
Welcome to L4W Dawn Raven!

We've recieved your PC submission and it looks fascinating at a glance - glad to see the Laughing Gallows getting some love. :)

Halford

First Post
Not sure if this has been asked before or not. For our L4W stuff is anybody awarding Quest XP? Like aside from XP for monsters defeated or skill challenges completed or roleplaying?

I had planned to since it is an accepted part of 4th edition and I tend to think that fairly swift leveling is a positive. I have yet to do so though so a discussion is perhaps warranted.

Erekose13

Explorer
There is quest XP built into my adventure plan for the Sibylline Idol. They've accepted the first major quest and I might try to weave a minor quest into it too.

Dawn Raven

First Post
I have a quick question directed at the current GM's although anyone is of course welcome to answer. :)

How has combat been handled thus far for speed and efficiency? Also, how would you handle a use of the Commander's Strike power since it relies on another player to respond to the roll/command. Thanks!

Thank you for the kind comments, Dunamin. I had been considering a Gith and after seeing no one taking advantage of the Gallows; I knew that I simply must leap upon the opportunity.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Just curious, but is anyone still looking for a defender? I just put together an elven paladin today, probably going to submit him tomorrow (assuming I don't change my mind and switch to cleric due to the current leader shortage).

@Dawn Raven: judging from the PbP games I've been in so far, if each person posts once per day you should expect each combat to last about a week or two in real-life time. Of course, if the group posts more or less often than that, and how challenging the combat is, will shift that number.

garyh

First Post
I don't think I've seen Commander's Strike in use in PbP, but I would suggest the "who rolls the attack" issue can be discussed with the DM and other players.

Personally, I kinda like the idea of the warlord rolling the attack. Helps them feel involved and responsible for the damage. :)

Dawn Raven

First Post
That sounds for the best.

Also, I have a somewhat silly request to make. Is it possible at some point to adventure with the other Gith? I think it'd be entertaining to throw in my fourth..

garyh

First Post
That sounds for the best.

Also, I have a somewhat silly request to make. Is it possible at some point to adventure with the other Gith? I think it'd be entertaining to throw in my fourth..

Well, part of a living world is that in between - or even during - adventures, characters can join or leave groups. So, if your character is available when the existing group finishes their adventure, or there's a natural point in their adventure to add new characters, and the DM and other players are up for it, there's no problem joining an existing group of players.

Remove ads