New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

Samnell

Explorer
"Okay. I'm still learning about this place. I wonder how I thought you speak like that, I've never actually heard someone like you before," Raph admits. "Not that I really know how I know how to speak any language from here in the first place," she adds, shrugging.

"No worries."

As the four enter the cafeteria, Jerry notices Amadi and Kiyana standing with full trays. Amadi points out a table that Yoshi is sitting at with a couple others, but Kiyana scrunches her face at that. Amadi shrugs and they sit at an empty table.

The cool swimmer or the cute guy? Choices... Jerry decided to let Cody take the lead.

Originally posted by Samnell
Jerry recovered quickly, "No worries. Guess I'd have it from somebody soon enough. So you yanks got a bunch of hamburgers, guns, and cowboy hats?"

"Sure, but only if you're volunteering to wear a feather in a headband and wield a tomahawk." Cody responds, trying to keep a straight face but breaking into a smile.

As they walk forward he pats his guardian angel on shoulder, "Raph you've done nothing that you could've known was wrong today, " Cody says assuringly, "You've had to apologize enough, let's just enjoy the new day at school-you're doing great. And they better have pizza or we'll start a protest!"

When they enter the cafeteria Cody notices Jerry's recognition of some other students, "I promised Manjit that we'd sit off to the side. You're welcome to stick with us but if you want to eat with some other friends I'd understand."

Vanifae

First Post
"Wow, you've been quiet, Layla," Yoshi points out. "You two having a nice conversation?" he says with a grin.
"You can only imagine Yoshi... I would fill you in, but you look a little young for this grown folks kind of conversation," Nick jokes.

Yeah I understand, I just want to make you feel more at ease here. We are all starting fresh you know? Nick smiles. He then speaks, "Of course I will help you learn English, what about you Yoshi, you down to help our friend here learn some English?”

Repeat after me, Nick thinks, “Hi my name is Layla.” A simple greeting to get you started. he looks around after feeling the slight tremor, “What the hell was that?”

Mimic

First Post
"Is that right?" Jimmy stamps his foot once and the room shakes. "You think you can hurt me? I'd really like to see that."

"Please refrain form using excessive force using elite abilities on institute property without administrative approval. Intentional destruction of institute property is grounds for possible academic suspension or dismissal. Thank you," Amy kindly reminds those in the room.

Everyone else on institute ground feels a very slight tremor and distant boom sound.

"Lookin like this is your lucky day," John replies stepping closer to the Asian boy, staring him in the eyes. "Looks like fightin isn't allowed on school property." He takes a step back and grabs his cowboy hat placing it on his head.

"Don't think this is over either, you and me we goin have a showdown soon enough." He turns and leaves the weight room heading back to his room, taking a quick shower and head to the lunch room.

Samnell

Explorer
"Sure, but only if you're volunteering to wear a feather in a headband and wield a tomahawk." Cody responds, trying to keep a straight face but breaking into a smile.

Jerry laughed, "My Mum brought home one of those books your guys wrote about that. Some bloke catching a tomahawk out of the air and throwing it back at the Indians. Not falling for that one."*

When they enter the cafeteria Cody notices Jerry's recognition of some other students, "I promised Manjit that we'd sit off to the side. You're welcome to stick with us but if you want to eat with some other friends I'd understand."

"I'll stick around. Already talked to those guys," Jerry rationalized with a smile. "Don't want them to get tired of me so soon."

*An actual literary offense of James Fennimore Cooper. Later in the same story a white guy convinces his Indian companions that a canoe is his by pointing out how no Indian could make a canoe of such quality. Much less funny.

Agamon

Adventurer
John:

"Oh boy, my knees are shaking now, cowboy," Jimmy tells John as he leaves. He doesn't say any more, simply glaring at the other teen as he walks out of the weight room.

Nick:

Yoshi grins. "Pfff, please. Probably trading dessert recipes," he teases back.

"Hi my name is Layla," Layla says aloud in stilted and thickly accented English. She smiles. "Yeah, this'll be easy," she mentally adds sarcastically.

Yoshi smiles. "Naw, it's not hard. People will be speaking it all around you, you'll pick it up in no time..."

The boom causes a stir among the cafeteria, but one of the faculty members soon stands up and announces that it's nothing to worry about and everyone goes back to doing what they were.

"Huh, think stuff like that is normal around here?" he asks.

Jerry, Emmet, Cody:

"Just doin' my best, boss," Raph replies with a grin.

Manjit looks uncomfortable as they enter the large room. The majority of those that were in the courtyard are now here getting something to eat. She sees all the people walking back and forth around buffet tables and shakes her head. "No...if someone even accidentally bumps into me...." She looks at Cody. "Would you get me something? Just some bread and fresh vegetables and some juice...if you don't mind?" she asks, looking uncomfortable at asking the favor.

"I'll stick around. Already talked to those guys," Jerry rationalized with a smile. "Don't want them to get tired of me so soon."

"Cool." Cody says, returning Jerry's smile. He finds an empty table for the group to settle in and sets down his backpack there.

"No problem Manjit. Raph usually grabs two tray-fulls of food, we can fit your request in most definitely. I'll be back in a second."

Cody looks at the buffet table, amazed at the wide variety of foods they have. I guess they have to, with the amount of different people here he thinks. He makes sure to get Manjit's request done first, then scavenges for himself a burger, fries, lo mien and a few stranger foods he doesn't even recognize.

"What's this, you think?" he inquires the group when he returns, pointing to something on the corner of his plate that looks vaguely like pudding.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Jerry gave Manjit a polite nod and followed Cody to the food, selecting healthy portions of salad and kung pao beef.

"What's this, you think?" he inquires the group, pointing to something on the corner of his plate that looks vaguely like pudding.

"Pretty sure it's dead, and not vegemite."

Vanifae

First Post
Nick nods to Yoshi, “I never thought an apple pie recipe could sound so hot.”

Not bad, the accent is cute, tell you what you come to me, or think to me… not sure how far you can do this telepathy thing whenever you want to practice more English and I will hook you up, Nick thinks.

Nick nods appreciatively, “That’s pretty damn good, Layla. Yeah I am with Yoshi on this one; you will be speaking English in no time. Probably better then me, I hated English class… Math class… History… really any class with a textbook.”

At Yoshi’s last question Nick smirks, "Yah I think so dude… at first I was sort of dreading this place, but the more I see the more I think this place is going to kick ass.”

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
"What's this, you think?" he inquires the group when he returns, pointing to something on the corner of his plate that looks vaguely like pudding.

"Uh...I have no idea. You're pretty brave," Manjit says looking at the dish with a smile.

"Cody..." Raph manages to say between mouthfuls, "I have to say, I really like this place."

Remove ads