New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

"Ouch." Cody responds, grimacing. He seems to have lightened up at least a little from Jerry's anecdotes. "Are you sure you're qualified to teach me how to surf? In that case, I might just need Raph's healing on stand-by." the teen jokes back.

"Thanks for cheering me up some, Jerry." Cody whispers, gratefully. "What do you think happens now?"

Samnell

Explorer
"Ouch." Cody responds, grimacing. He seems to have lightened up at least a little from Jerry's anecdotes. "Are you sure you're qualified to teach me how to surf? In that case, I might just need Raph's healing on stand-by." the teen jokes back.

"Surfin'?" Jerry asks with mock confusion, "That's in the ocean, right?"

"Thanks for cheering me up some, Jerry." Cody whispers, gratefully. "What do you think happens now?"

"No worries," Jerry whispered back. "Reckon the police or whoever come and ask their questions. Then we go back to school."

"No worries," Jerry whispered back. "Reckon the police or whoever come and ask their questions. Then we go back to school."

"I guess I mean, when we go back, are we just going to pretend we're normal teenagers on their first day of school?" Cody asks, more confused than negative sounding. "I didn't sign up for 'normal' with this school, but I don't think anyone our age has to deal with this brand of craziness. It doesn't seem fair."

Mimic

First Post
John will stay out of the way and let the police take over the area. He will answer any questions that the police might ask and then he will leave with the group.

Samnell

Explorer
"I guess I mean, when we go back, are we just going to pretend we're normal teenagers on their first day of school?" Cody asks, more confused than negative sounding. "I didn't sign up for 'normal' with this school, but I don't think anyone our age has to deal with this brand of craziness. It doesn't seem fair."

"Aw, every day can't be like this. We got some bum luck, but we did some good too. Sounds normal to me. All the angel and shadow stuff counts as normal for us, I reckon. Could be better, but my Mum always says." Jerry screwed up his face into a fair imitation of a shrewish woman ready to spit tacks, "'Jared, you left your bathers dripping on the bathroom floor again!' ... but you know sometimes I remember."

A concussive laugh fights to escape from Cody at Jerry's imitation but he manages to hold it in, if barely. "Really attractive look you're sporting there." the teen says, smiling broadly. Feeling suddenly self-conscious, he adds, "Bet the girls all love it."

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
A concussive laugh fights to escape from Cody at Jerry's imitation but he manages to hold it in, if barely. "Really attractive look you're sporting there." the teen says, smiling broadly.

Jerry chuckled, quicky losing the look.

Feeling suddenly self-conscious, he adds, "Bet the girls all love it."

Jerry paused for a bit too long in thought before answering.
Is he going to think I'm hitting on him? Right after all this? ...am I hitting on him? He's cute enough and then some.

"Wouldn't know. I'm not interested in 'em," Jerry answered back in a carefully casual tone.

"Oh, um, that's cool." Cody responds, not really sure if he was expecting Jerry's answer.

"I'm from New York, it's okay to be fairly open there, as far as the average person's concerned. My own 'Mum' would kinda freak, she's got a good heart but it's not always pointed in the right direction... the teen explains, reflexively dodging around the fact that he was probably about as interested in girls as Jerry was.

F*ck, why can't I just be more open about myself? Cody thinks, only realizing his evasion after it was already said. He liked Jerry, he really did but he wasn't sure to what extent. This isn't the time or place for that, anyways.

"You're pretty cool, y'know? I'm not used to being the one who's cheered up but I feel much better. Hrm, think we should tell Yoshi his friend's alright?" the teen offers.

Cody Bryant, you are a coward. he tells himself immediately.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
"Oh, um, that's cool." Cody responds, not really sure if he was expecting Jerry's answer.

That was really not the answer Jerry expected, but he shrugged. Cody was straight. Disappointing, but known to happen.

"I'm from New York, it's okay to be fairly open there, as far as the average person's concerned. My own 'Mum' would kinda freak, she's got a good heart but it's not always pointed in the right direction... the teen explains, reflexively dodging around the fact that he was probably about as interested in girls as Jerry was.

"No worries, mate. You're safe around me."

"You're pretty cool, y'know? I'm not used to being the one who's cheered up but I feel much better. Hrm, think we should tell Yoshi his friend's alright?" the teen offers.

Jerry beamed, "Guess we should."

Agamon

Adventurer
The parking lot continues to be a buzz of activity, as emergency crews do their jobs, the media tries to do theirs, and many curious bystanders mill about. One, in particular, a familiar suited Asian man, lingers behind the crowd when his phone rings.

"Report," a voice simply says from the other end.

The suit responds, "The primary objective was a success. The secondary objectives...even with the advanced weaponry we supplied, they were far outclassed. Regardless of their age, these elites are powerful. More personnel were devoted to the primary objective to assure it's completion. The bomb was an excellent diversion."

There is a pause from the other end. "Very well, Tsai. Finish the mission. I want a detailed report by tomorrow morning."

"Yes, sir," Tsai acknowledges before hanging up, entering a nearby sports car and driving away from the scene.

End Issue 1

Remove ads