New Generation Legacy, Issue 1: Back to School

Cody sighs, "We're not here to play God, there's no way we can save everyone...Raph can't do this again for a long while, it's painful and tiring, especially the worse the injury is." the teen explains, frowning and pausing for thought for a while. "But this wasn't an event caused by God, it was inflicted by humans. We'll do what we can if the girl needs more than this guy can help with."

(Edit-If John's unsuccessful)

Cody waits until Naeema is brought to the ambulance, assuming it is done quickly enough. He takes advantage of the hectic situation and allows himself and Raph to push past the medics, "Excuse me." He stands in the doorway so the media isn't able to view what's happening and holds Raph shoulder. She stands over the girl and begins her healing, and although its strenuous, it almost seems as if Cody is taking the brunt of the exhaustion.

I hope this works and is worth it... he thinks.

Edit-Sorry Mimic, missed your post. If John can't heal her Raph will do Healing again, last HP spent. For dramatic purposes, Cody can be fatigued as well.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, already explained this to Mimic, but John can't do that, not yet, anyway.

John isn't able to to heal the girl the way he has been able to heal himself in the past, unfortunately. The paramedics don't appreciate the interruption. One says something in the local language that sounds a lot like, 'buzz off.'

When Raph and Cody step up, they both begin to object until Raph is actually able to help the girl, her worst injuries healing completely. The paramedics watch in shock, but nod in appreciation, loading the still unconscious girl into the ambulance.

"What do you think you're doing?" Raph asks Cody wearily. "I'm the protector, you're the protectee, remember? I'm a big girl, I can handle this," she adds with a wink and a smile.

Jun Min spots the girls getting medical attention. "Thank goodness you're okay." She turns to Emmet. "That's good of you to offer to help, Emmet, but it's not your job to do that. Besides, I don't know of any computer you could use around here. Your best bet is the school. But you've all been through enough today. You did a good job reacting to a very bad situation, all of you."

A car pulls up and two suits step out. "There they are," Jun Min says, walking towards the men to speak with them.

Nick

"Please follow my voice, this system will lead you to the infirmary," Amy tells Nick, her voice coming from down the hall. She continues to give him verbal cues until he arrives at his destination.

"Well, there you are," a woman says to him. "Lay her down here," she says, pointing to a nearby bed. "In that nasty business at the mall, were you? A bomb is what they're sayin'. I can't hardly believe it. You both look fairly well , all things considered, then." She looks over Layla. "In fact...I don't see any sign of physical trauma at all on her, but her bloody clothes tell me otherwise. Her heart rate and breathing are fine. She might just need some rest. A healer, perhaps? A better one than yourself, anyways. Let me take a look at that. I'm Dr. MacTaggart, by the way. Nick, right?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
"So what if reporters want a story? I would hardly think that answering a few questions about the events that transpired is an onerous task, especially since we shall already be required to serve as witnesses to the police authorities investigating the event," he reasons, largely oblivious to Clover's personal discomfort.

"Thank you for the kind words, Miss Kim. But this attack injured some of my classmates, killed innocent people, and still poses a threat to our safety; as such, it is only logical to offer what aid we can give to put this matter behind us, and give some kind of justice to the victims of the bombing," Emmet replies solemnly. "In any case, I wish to study the energy weapons used to attack us; even if initial reports describe them as unreliable, research into them could do much to advance the cause of human knowledge. Furthermore, their study could lead to the scientist who designed them and the facility that constructed them," the young Elite adds. "Before we depart to the safety of the Institute, I would at least like to offer my services to the officer in charge of this investigation."

With an uncertain smile, Emmet attempts to track down the police officer in charge of the investigation, politely asking the first policeman where such an individual is located.

Shalimar

First Post
"The story they want may not be the real story, or even particularly accurate. They may decide that from this that the public doesn't want us to be seen as good guys so they write a story making us out to be the villians like this whole sordid mess is our fault. If they think it would sell more papers they'd do that." Clover tells Emmet once the paramedic was done bandaging her arm and had moved on to someone else.

"Do you reckon we're just supposed to sit around here til someone comes by to drive us back to school? That sounds like it could be a while. Do you guys want to call your parents and let them know your ok or do we just wait?"

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
Nick puts Layla down, “I am fine, but if you insist go to town, been hurt before and despite the looks I will survive. Hell a laser thingy bounced off my chest when this crazy bitch tried to shoot me, excuse my language.”

Nick takes a seat for the doctor to get a better look at him, “Yeah you can call me Nick, they probably have me on the books by my first name Arun but everyone calls me Nick except my mom and her family. So Layla is going to be okay… oh man I was worried, one of the students healed her I guess if that even makes sense but I was still worried. I am not the best Christian in the world but even I was doing some praying… I finally understand what my pops meant when he said there are no atheists in a foxhole.”

Trilly shrugs as she watches Emmett and Clover go at it. The english girl had a knack to get into things with others, she noted. She wandered over to where the van was, figuring that it would be best to get where it was 'expected' for her to be when the fuzz were done with them.

Not to mention, she smiled wryly to herself, it got a little distance between Clover and 'the Brain' in case things got hot.

Cody returns Raph's smile with one of his own, taking a moment to look down at the girl she had just healed. He brushed her hair off of her forehead gently as an afterthought. They saved a handful of people tonight but it was just that, a handful.

Tired, he settles on the ground outside and ponders.

Seeing Raph work her miracles was definitely something, but it was just something fantastic and nothing...more? I know I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, definitely nothing 'divine'. Tonight was the first real display of her powers. It was impressive, she's pretty competent in the use of her abilities-and I still think she's an angel. But as for a 'higher power' out there? Nothing's changed.

Sitting there, Cody feels a strong mixture of emotions: he could at least identify the conviction, cynicism and a strange sort-of optimism coursing through him. But as to what it means, he's as clueless as many other human beings out there are. For now, he watches the scene around him unfold.

Last edited:

Samnell

Explorer
Sitting there, Cody feels a strong mixture of emotions: he could at least identify the conviction, cynicism and a strange sort-of optimism coursing through him. But as to what it means, he's as clueless as many other human beings out there are. For now, he watches the scene around him unfold.

Keeping one eye out for police and reporters that would need answers, Jerry sat down next to Cody.

"We gave it a fair go, mate."

Samnell

Explorer
Cody initially just nods in response to Jerry.

"Best we could I guess. Your leg still okay?"

"Hurts a bit, but I'm ok. Did worse smacking diving boards on the way down," Jerry smiled and held out his right wrist, "This one time I got on the edge and cut all down here." He traced a line down his forearm, starting barely above the heel of his hand. A very light scar was visible. "I flopped face-down on my board lots too."

Remove ads