• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer

Everyone was surprised by its success. Guiness called it a stupid and childish fairy tale (which it ultimately is - farmboy saves princess from the clutches of an evil warlord with the help of a wizard and a pirate).

The stupidest thing ever uttered by a movie executive was "Sure Mr. Lucas... You can keep the merchandising rights and soundtrack royalties." Which is why I side-eye any hate laid at the Ewoks and porgs as a ploy to sell merch; they were no more a ploy to sell merch than were the Jawas.

Other fits of financial brilliance were from Sir Alec Guiness (or more likely his agent), who opted instead of a negotiated salary to take .025% of ESB's revenues. His estate continues to collect money from it and his take from that movie alone is more than $100 million.

For less than 60 seconds of screen time.

You know, now that you mention it, I think that's why the later Star Wars movies fell so flat. They forgot that it was supposed to be a fairy tale

Ryujin

Legend
You know, now that you mention it, I think that's why the later Star Wars movies fell so flat. They forgot that it was supposed to be a fairy tale
Hand-waving psuedo-science "counts" rather than just allowing it to be what it was, Science Fantasy, was a fairly large misstep.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Thats exactly what I said to my brother when Phantom Menace came out - the original movies were fantasy in space, Phantom Menace was too sci-fi

Remove ads