EN World New GMs, players, read the first post in this thread! (updated 5/21)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
It would be helpful if people were clearer about what is open and closed for new players. I think there are a few games that "look" closed but are still sort of open for one extra player, but it's a bit awkward to barge in and ask :/

(why yes I am looking)

Dear My Brain: It has come to my attention that, in the course of the last few hours, you have strenuously objected to a rather reasonable suggestion. So, if I may repeat it,

Go To Sleep Already!

Exhausted. Cannot sleep.

It would be helpful if people were clearer about what is open and closed for new players. I think there are a few games that "look" closed but are still sort of open for one extra player, but it's a bit awkward to barge in and ask :/

(why yes I am looking)

I hate to "me too" but know that I know your pain, fellow traveler.

Leif

Adventurer
I always endeavor to make an explicit post announcing that "Recruitment has ended," or, "Recruitment will end on X day." Most others also do something like this, at least most others who run games in which I am interested. It may be more problematic if recriutment is re-opened for a replacement player or something, but most gamemasters would not be offended by an inquiry by an interested player in the OOC thread for a game, and you might even secure an invitation to a game that was not actively looking for new recruits, because sometimes a game that has been going on for a long time can gain new vitality by the introduction of an enthusiastic new player.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Leif is right. In my PbP game here we've had a couple of people ask to join, despite not actively recruiting. We said no thanks to both (because we didn't want to slow the game down), but nobody was chased off with pitchforks and torches. As long as you're polite and understanding if declined, it couldn't hurt to ask if there's a game you're particularly interested in.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I always endeavor to make an explicit post announcing that "Recruitment has ended," or, "Recruitment will end on X day." Most others also do something like this, at least most others who run games in which I am interested. It may be more problematic if recriutment is re-opened for a replacement player or something, but most gamemasters would not be offended by an inquiry by an interested player in the OOC thread for a game, and you might even secure an invitation to a game that was not actively looking for new recruits, because sometimes a game that has been going on for a long time can gain new vitality by the introduction of an enthusiastic new player.

however, if mentioned n the op title that a thread is recruiting or closed, that would help immeasurably those seeking games

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The editing the title is what I was implying at - I guess I should have been more explicit about that eh? "Let me complain about your lack of clarity in an unclear manner!" Ha!

Archon Basileus

First Post
Hey, guys!

So, we've been running our pathfinder campaign for a while now, and we are re-estructuring things a bit. We have just ended our prologue and we are starting our first chapter, having an ideal moment to include new players.

We are opening a single spot for now. It is a campaign that mixes epic adventuring and political intrigue, and it's entering a more open ("sandbox", if you will) stage. If anyone is interested, the campaign is called "Tideruler of Maran", and the link goes below.

Thank you all!

Best wishes!

AB

TIDERULER OOC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?488978-RECALL-TIDERULER-OF-MARAN

TIDERULER IC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?490514-IC-TIDERULER-OF-MARAN

Remove ads