D&D 5E New Monster Manual Cover

The 2025 Monster Manual cover has been unveiled!

From IGN, the cover of the 2025 Monster Manual!

0-r5e-mm-cvrtrad-front-051724-1717447781293.jpg

wotc-monarch-tradcvr-foil-240528-0006-1717462795628.png
@Morrus

Meech17

WotC President Runner-Up.
They absolutely are a thing. Heck, I had one for my AD&D 2e PHB, probably ordered it out of Dragon Magazine. But if I do a quick google search... here's officially licensed leatherette covers. And if I go over to Etsy there's quite a few results there, though they start getting expensive quickly.
Oh.. You know what.. I've seen those official ones at my LGS.. I assumed they were like portfolios/binders.

I was thinking along the lines of simple plastic ones like what come on hardback novels, or the stretchy ones they make for school books.

I've been tempted to use a paper grocery sack to cover my books for the lolz

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Oh.. You know what.. I've seen those official ones at my LGS.. I assumed they were like portfolios/binders.

I was thinking along the lines of simple plastic ones like what come on hardback novels, or the stretchy ones they make for school books.

I've been tempted to use a paper grocery sack to cover my books for the lolz
I bet you could make a bunch of money with grocery store paper book covers with old school inspired art on them.

Oofta

Legend
Supporter
Something like:

PHB: dark green (greenhorn adventurers)
DMG: royal blue (noble duty of game mastering)
MM: blood red (the blood of my enemies)

Campaigns are pitch black with an appropriate symbol engraved.

Splat books are gold, settings are white?

Nah. We need to follow car companies lead. Add some pizzazz and advertise the colors. Inspired by real world car color names:
  • PHB: Sassy Grass
  • DMG: Thundernight Metallic
  • MM: Red 'n' Dead
  • Campaigns: Tangerine Scream
  • Splat books: Vanilla Shake 'em Up

Of course all drawings should also be Crystal Pearl White and Magnetite Gray Metallic. :)

P.S. Only 2 are slightly modified real car company colors. Can you guess which?

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I think the cover art will have little effect on the purchasing choice of anyone who posts on this forum. All of us already have strong opinions about the product, and I find it hard to believe that anyone will be particularly swayed by cover art, other than maybe which version to buy.

I think it matters far more for selling DnD to new customers, and particularly to, say, a parent who might be considering buying it for their kid. That’s the target audience for the regular covers.
Fair point, yet I have seen several posters here state they were buying these now based on tge covers.

Art reactions are powerful.

Remove ads

Remove ads