D&D 5E New Mulhorand (FR) Campaign Guide available on DM's Guild, with Ed Greenwood as co-author

JSilman

Villager
What was it originally from, I love it?

The artist is Dean Spencer, though was customised for this book (pyramids on front cover then custom back cover). He has a whole selection of stock art on Drive Thru and very reasonably priced for such a great artist, he also does most of his art via votes from his patrons each month. Highly recommend.

I noticed this book is up to Electrum now - good job and hope you make it to Admantium!

Thanks! It has done better than I could have ever hoped, there's also a Fantasy Grounds version available now and has been approved for print on demand, coming next year :)

briggart

Adventurer
IDK, but Sage Advice gave a shout out to him in Jan. of this year: Ed Greenwood is working on a new Volo's guide. As well as 4 similar posts in 2022 and more before that. He is also mentioned in several of the 5e books. And supposedly WotC "approved" his Border Kingdoms book back in 2020.

How often should he be acknowledge and what form should that acknowledgement take?

EDIT: Also, my post was an acknowledgement of WotC following up on their plan to be more inclusive of outside creators. They started with CR, it would be great if that continues with EG and KB. We can keep this positive can't we?
The sage advice website is not directly affiliated with WotC. The guy that runs it has the blessing of Crawford to collect his rules tweets for ease of access, but that’s basically as far as it gets. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Is this like the Border Kingdoms book where it appears to be 90% a copy of older stuff just repackaged?
Not in the least. Mulholland was barely covered on 2e (it was just part of a wider regional accessory) and basically nothing since. Since it was heavily affected by the Spellplague and the Second Sundering, it's basically a blank slate at this. Pretty much the only thing that's carried through is its Egyptian flavoring.

JSilman

Villager
Is this like the Border Kingdoms book where it appears to be 90% a copy of older stuff just repackaged?
Hi aco, good question thanks for asking :) the book does have a history chapter that amalgamates and expands the extended history and lore of Mulhorand, which you may be familiar with. However, its main objective is to bring the nation up to the present day on the 5th edition timeline (late 15th century DR), which has only been vaguely touched on in the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide.

There are few places that were changed as much as Mulhorand by the Spellplague/Second Sundering, with much of the nation being consumed by a desert wasteland. It is now much closer to the classic 'Saharan' Ancient Egypt in theme, and the book reflects that with extensive details on running campaigns in a desert environment with appropriate hazards, monsters etc.

To give a rough percentage I would say the book is maybe 20% rewritten content (ancient history and surviving culture, traditions etc.) and 80% new content. Hoper that helps!

Also very open to hear feedback - I am aiming to release a v2 of the book once the new edition is out, which will be the print on demand version, so have an opportunity until then to improve it as much as possible before it goes to print. Thanks!

Remove ads