• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Season of Alias

Mad Hatter

First Post
I was reading that Alias star, Jennifer Garner, will probably end her Alias tenure after the upcoming season. She'll be replaced by Rachel Nichols (recently from The Inside, a summer preview of the Fox network). That leads me to think that this season may be the last we'll see of Rambaldi storylines. What do the rest of you think?

Psionicist

Explorer
A good decision, the series has gone downhill since season 1 (which was awesome) and Jennifer probably feels tha same, more or less. Season 2 and 3 was acceptable... The season 4 finale was ridiculuos on the other hand, they could have ended the show there but they decided not to!

I like Jennifer more than Rachel though, Jennifer is cute, Rachel appears to be the "Britney Spears" kind of sex symbol (could be wrong though, but google gives this impression).

Edit: Dear god, downHILL, not download.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
I liked Nichols on The Inside. As long as it's a different character that she plays I'd probably still watch.

I'll agree that season 4 was the weakest yet but it's still a pretty good show. They set the bar WAAAAY too high in the first two seasons. That was some of the best genre TV I've ever seen. Every ep was excellent and had a tremendous cliffhanger that paid off the next week.

But they have to keep Jack, he's too cool.

Agamon

Adventurer
Replace the main protagonist? Are you kidding? That worked in X-Files, didn't it? Friggin' Ben Afleck, is anything not his fault?

Rachel is hot though, not Jenny hot, but hot nonetheless. Decent actress, too. The Inside was fairly good. But this is a bad idea, just end it at Season 5.

Psionicist...that wasn't a Freudian slip, was it...? :p

Fedifensor

Explorer
John Crichton said:
I'll agree that season 4 was the weakest yet but it's still a pretty good show. They set the bar WAAAAY too high in the first two seasons. That was some of the best genre TV I've ever seen. Every ep was excellent and had a tremendous cliffhanger that paid off the next week.

Actually, I'd put Season 3 as the weakest one. The main problem with Season 4 was recovering from the mess that was Season 3.

John Crichton

First Post
Fedifensor said:
Actually, I'd put Season 3 as the weakest one. The main problem with Season 4 was recovering from the mess that was Season 3.
Nah, at least the stuff with Vaughn's wife had some shock value to it.

Hijinks

First Post
I actually saw all the seasons but season 4, because I'm stuck watching them via Netflix (Wed night is gaming night for me). Waiting (not so) patiently for season 4 on DVD. If you're going to reveal how it ended, please put a spoiler alert for me :)

I adore the series, although I'm a little sick of the Rambaldi crap. I didn't like the introduction of her sister at all (I saw a few of the early season 4 episodes). If anything, why not have her sister take over? (Unless the sister died in season 4, in which case, don't tell me!! and just ignore that question).

Is it just me, or do they take forEVer to come out with seasons of TV shows on DVD. What takes so long? You've already got the episodes, you just need to create the DVD, which you probably have a program to do anyway. I'm waiting for 24 season 4 also, no word on that, although Netflix says season 4 of Alias is due in November, I think. Don't get me started on waiting for season 10 of Friends.

Sucks being an online gamer who can't watch prime time tv and is dependent on the television studios to release their shows on DVD at prime moneymaking time, rather than to satisfy fans wanting to actually see the show.

Remove ads