• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Season of Alias

reveal

Adventurer
Hijinks said:
Is it just me, or do they take forEVer to come out with seasons of TV shows on DVD. What takes so long? You've already got the episodes, you just need to create the DVD, which you probably have a program to do anyway. I'm waiting for 24 season 4 also, no word on that, although Netflix says season 4 of Alias is due in November, I think. Don't get me started on waiting for season 10 of Friends.

Sucks being an online gamer who can't watch prime time tv and is dependent on the television studios to release their shows on DVD at prime moneymaking time, rather than to satisfy fans wanting to actually see the show.

Consider yourself lucky. Remember that TV on DVD is a relatively new phenomenon. Heck, the Muppet Show JUST came out on DVD more than 20 years after it went off the air. And "WKRP in Cincinnati" will probably never be released because they would have to get permission from every musical artist that is played and it's a radio station. :(

John Crichton

First Post
reveal said:
Consider yourself lucky. Remember that TV on DVD is a relatively new phenomenon. Heck, the Muppet Show JUST came out on DVD more than 20 years after it went off the air. And "WKRP in Cincinnati" will probably never be released because they would have to get permission from every musical artist that is played and it's a radio station. :(
Yeah. I think shows come out VERY quickly. And releasing them too close to the air date will make less and less people watch the actual show which will hurt ad sales and viewership. They usually get through one round of repeats and then release it on DVD. That is a FAST turnaround time. Any faster and they might as well just skip airing it altogether and just release trailers and DVDs.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Yeah, I liked the massive cliffhangers. I don't think the character of Nadia is strong enough to become the protagonist for Alias. I think that since Garner will probably leave, that they're just going to basically create a new show ala Stargate Sg-1.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mad Hatter said:
I was reading that Alias star, Jennifer Garner, will probably end her Alias tenure after the upcoming season. She'll be replaced by Rachel Nichols (recently from The Inside, a summer preview of the Fox network). That leads me to think that this season may be the last we'll see of Rambaldi storylines. What do the rest of you think?
Or she may reduced her airtime so she can be a mother to her newborn. Then again, Mr. Affleck seems to be "in-between jobs" ... hehehe ... she can still continue to work.

As for Rachel, if she can pull off the same performance she did in The Inside for Alias, she may fit in well. "Britney Spears" cute? She is not, and that's a good thing.

Elf Witch

First Post
Hijinks said:
I actually saw all the seasons but season 4, because I'm stuck watching them via Netflix (Wed night is gaming night for me). Waiting (not so) patiently for season 4 on DVD. If you're going to reveal how it ended, please put a spoiler alert for me :)

I adore the series, although I'm a little sick of the Rambaldi crap. I didn't like the introduction of her sister at all (I saw a few of the early season 4 episodes). If anything, why not have her sister take over? (Unless the sister died in season 4, in which case, don't tell me!! and just ignore that question).

Is it just me, or do they take forEVer to come out with seasons of TV shows on DVD. What takes so long? You've already got the episodes, you just need to create the DVD, which you probably have a program to do anyway. I'm waiting for 24 season 4 also, no word on that, although Netflix says season 4 of Alias is due in November, I think. Don't get me started on waiting for season 10 of Friends.

Sucks being an online gamer who can't watch prime time tv and is dependent on the television studios to release their shows on DVD at prime moneymaking time, rather than to satisfy fans wanting to actually see the show.

The DVDs come out really fast for new shows. Alias season 4 should be in stores by October. If you are talking about them coming out while the shows session is still showing new episodes that won't happen because a TV shows life's blood is the money companies pay to have their ads run.

BTW if you don't want to have a DVR VCRs are real cheap and so is tape. With all the technology avilable today from VCRs, DVRs and downloads I can't understand a person missing a show just because they are not home. :confused:

Mad Hatter

First Post
Apparently, it wasn't doing well in the ratings. I kept tuning in and all I saw was that stupid dance show. I was the angry, but then I accepted the fact that good shows keep getting cancelled on Fox.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Three new cast members are being added. As we know already Rachel Nichols from the Inside will be added, as will Elodie Bouchez, and Balthazar Getty.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I've heard (can't remember where, though, so take it fwiw) that they aren't going to be doing anything with Rambaldi this season. Kind of sucks, if true.

Remove ads