• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Season of Alias

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I didn't find the quote in question, but he said he did not expect a sixth season.

I did find this, though:
Spoilerfix.com said:
08/03 - ABC president Steve McPherson told me that it's 80 percent likely that this will be Alias' final season. He also said that despite her pregnancy, Jennifer Garner will appear in every episode this season - even if that means producing fewer episodes. Finally, McPherson expects her maternity leave will result in a longer-than-usual winter hiatus, with the show going off the air at the end of November and returning sometime in March or early April. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

The Rachel Nichols rumours are true to an extent, she is playing a recurring rookie
agent on the show. It may be that either ABC or JJA are grooming her as Garner's
possible replacement, but it's all fan speculation.

Staffan

Legend
Ranger REG said:
I just hope 5-season run for a series will not be his norm.
I'm thinking five seasons is a pretty good length for a TV show. B5 was envisioned as a five-season arc from the beginning. Buffy got pretty crappy after season 5 (well, after season 3, but MORE crappy). Five seasons is definitely not something to complain about.

satori01

First Post
I would much rather see Alias end its run on its own terms than be forced to leave. Frankly given DVD sales, I think planned 5 year runs for shows are a good idea, enough episodes are made for syndication, story lines are perserved and risks can be taken because the creators can plan and have arcs, and DVD sales of a good show make up the rest.

When the first season of Alias was playing I predicted the show would last about 3 years, at that time nothing on TV was a fast paced, made you question the loyalties of the characters, and made you as the audience be in a state of perptual wonderment of what would happen next,(and of course speculate what would happen next). Shows with that frenetic pace just dont last long, by their very nature.

Sadly Lost is a similiar type show, great tv, but a candle that burns twice as bright......

Mad Hatter

First Post
I would have to disagree with 5 seasons. I mean it doesn't have to be this one long contiguous storyline. Rambaldi ends and you begin something else. As long as the character of the show i.e. the characters remains true, there is always more tales. You do, of course, get those shows whose writing just gets horrible; I'm not talking about those. Those can can take a flying leap into the abyss of fiery ignominy.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Staffan said:
I'm thinking five seasons is a pretty good length for a TV show. B5 was envisioned as a five-season arc from the beginning. Buffy got pretty crappy after season 5 (well, after season 3, but MORE crappy). Five seasons is definitely not something to complain about.
I'm spoiled by contemporary Star Trek series, mainly TNG and DS9.

CCamfield

First Post
I really don't know how well the show would work without Sydney (Sidney?) as the main character. So many of the character connections are as they relate to her, and vice versa, more than to each other.

I'd rather see the show end on a reasonably good note than hang on with a bad premise.

That said, I've enjoyed every season and I even liked the cliffhanger for the finale of last season so... looking forward to this season, even if it's likely to be the last.

Welverin

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
Very significant. Sloane was still a bona fide bad guy who was obsessed with finding all the artifacts.

So the first season was pretty heavy then?

Saw an ad on TNT last night that said they'd be showing it starting on the 26th, so I guess I'll be able to find out soon enough.

Remove ads