New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Farce

First Post
A large humanoid walks in, just as Qynn's leaving, the shorter fey only coming up to his chest and the bugbear growls as she passes. The hulking beast walks, more like a stomp than walk though, into the bar, the wooden floorboards creaking in protest under his weight. "I Vardaal, of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth, I need some gold and told to come here. I can smash, or cut, or collect golds from those that owes it to you. Lauto guys taught me well. Annyone needs me to crush them for you?" the bugbear says loudly, proudly displaying his broken tooth.

He has a large sword strapped to his back, it's taller than most men and the blade looks wickedly sharp and he wears the hide of a bear around his waist as clothing. A backpack is across his back, but that's the extent of his gear.

Vardaal marches to the bar, "You give me your strong stuff, not what you give to that little boy that left." the bugbear says, laughing at his own joke.

He looks over the tavern with a predatory eye, spotting Torqua "Hey you, you need stuff killed, crushed, cut, or collected" Vardaal asks

[sblock=ooc]
No humanoid skull on his belt...yet
[/sblock]

Attachments

• 4635045.jpg
    4635045.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 88

Goldhammer

First Post
"Me?" Asks the dark fat woman at the bar, likely heavier than the Bugbear who was asking her question. "I've yet to build up a enough enemies to need them dead. And even if did, I doubt I'd have the gold to pay you." Curious about what a gobliniod considers a strong drink, Torqua order a mug of whatever Vardaal ordered.

"Name's Torqua Debu, by the way. Take a seat and tell me about yourself Vardaal." She adds, offering the set besides her.

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
Vargaal smiles as the woman orders the drink, he looks her up and down, grinning lasciviously. "You have the hips that are goods for the youngin' bringing. If you were bugbear, I would make you my wife, but you are human, dat no good. " the bugbear says as he makes his way over to the woman's table.

"I Vardaal of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth, well...er, was of clan Broken Tooth. Maybe they dead, maybe they moved, I don't know. I work here for those dead-guys, who know they run around in dresses, kneel before some picture on wall, they say symbol is of dead god. I don't care if picture is of my leader, only weak ones go on knees for a picture. They pay me golds and I get the moneys that others owes them and don't pay. I make them pay. Yesterday they tells me I too rough and guards say dead-guys....er...Loud-to...no that's not it, Lauto, yeah the picture is called the Lauto. Where was I? Yeah, the guards tell thems that I too rough and have to stop. They tells me they don't need me, but said there's a place where those who can crush or kill can get golds. I thought 'No, that is like a my dreams, I kill and gets to have more golds. Here I am. Where is the gold-givers? If you not gold-giver, you a killer too? How you kill stuff? You sit on them?" Vardaal asks, looking around anxiously, then again laughs at his own joke, pounding the table loudly as it again groans loudly, but holds.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
A dwarf enters the tavern. He is crippled and uses his warhammer as walking stick. He seems prematurely aged, with streaks of gray in his dark beard but his youthful exuberance and sharp eyes show that this is no elder. A hammer and anvil pendant identify him as a priest of Eefaystos, known as Vulkar on the island.

-"Oh, bartender! My usual! No, a double! I had a great weekend. Dozens of evil cultists have met their doom and I witnessed a miracle. Life is good!"

[sblock=OOC]Hadrak is a level 3 WIS cleric.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
"You are the gold-giver? I Vardaal of Solkuth's brood, of clan Broken Tooth and I will kill, crush, or collect golds you're owed" the bugbear sitting at the table with the large woman calls out, he stands up to walk over to the dwarf.

"Hey, you haves picture on your chest too, it doesn't look like the ones those dead-guys were kneeling in front of though" Vardaal says as he clasps the dwarf surprisingly warmly on the shoulder.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak guzzle down his favorite ale and sighs in joy.

-"Ah. The good stuff. No my friend, I am not a gold-giver. If you knew anything about dwarves, you'd know we are better know for our gold grubbing ways." he says, winking. "Well, I just wanted a pint of my favorite. Gotta do some shopping. See ya, folks."

The dwarfs then leaves the tavern, limping and whistling.

[sblock=OOC]Well, I found myself a spot easy enough. Another adventure desperately needed a healer so off I go.

There are 4 others PC on their way to the tavern and at least one adventure being approved so never fear, you should be able to place yourself soon enough.

If push come to shove, I will chip in. I already employ almost 15% of active players in my the games a DM, I'll see what I can do to accomodate a few more. ;)
[/sblock]

Farce

First Post
The bugbear looks after the dwarf longingly. He sits back down with the other woman, "Hmmm, that one odd dwarf" as he takes a deep drink of his brackish goblinoid beverage, bitter to the taste and burns all the way down.

[sblock=ooc]
Have fun Hadrak!

Think that goop they drank in the Two Towers and tried to make the hobbits drink
[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
Vargaal smiles as the woman orders the drink, he looks her up and down, grinning lasciviously. "You have the hips that are goods for the youngin' bringing. If you were bugbear, I would make you my wife, but you are human, dat no good. " the bugbear says as he makes his way over to the woman's table.

"Umm, thanks, I think." Torqua says. Bugbears were hardly noted for their sense of wordplay or grace. "Well, I wasn't looking to get married anyway, so don't worry yourself about it."

"If you not gold-giver, you a killer too? How you kill stuff? You sit on them?" Vardaal asks, looking around anxiously, then again laughs at his own joke, pounding the table loudly as it again groans loudly, but holds.

"Not yet, but I can breathe fire and cause earthquake with my footsteps." The large woman replies with a grin.

"I'm a Sorceress. I guess you could call me a magical balloon, seeing as how I'm bloated with magic energy and the bigger I get, the more powerful I become. It's a long story, but the short version is that, once upon a time, I saved a hooded character from bandits, so as a reward, he turned me into a mage by fattening me up with magic. I really should come up with an official title for myself like 'Gut Mage' or 'Fatcromancer' or-" But before Torqua can continue, her chair she was sitting on finally gives out and crumbles, sending the fat sorceress crashing to the ground. She meekly picks herself up and this time grabs two chairs for support.

"Sorry about that. So anyway, this drink you favour isn't half bad." Torqua says trying to changing the subject, as she takes another drink of the vile goblin brew. "Got a bit of a copper aftertaste through."

Farce

First Post
"Hahaha, you is funny" Vargaal says to the women as her chair breaks, himself slamming the table hard with his pounding fist, cracki ng the wood of the surface.

At the mention of breathing fire, Vargaal looks very intrigued, "You is like the magicks yes? Once we catch a little gnome who could do magicks, we made him do magicks for us for months before he ran outta tricks. Then we ate him. Not so good, all stringy. You might be better, but no worry, I won't eat you. You too funny." the bugbear says matter-of-factly.

"Yes, this drink put hair on chest, don't know if you want hair or not, but it good for that." he adds

Remove ads