• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Thread Categories

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I've added a few more thread categories to choose from in the General Monster Talk and Homebrews Monster forums. Now instead of just General we have:

Conversion - Converted something from 1e, 2e, 3e, or even another game system? Use this category.

General - For just about anything.

Homebrew - Posting a homebrew monster? Use this category.

Index - Posting a list or index of monsters here or elsewhere? Use this category.

Project - Starting a monster-related project or fun in-forum contest? Use this category.

Question - Have a general monster-related question? Use this category.

Request - Want to ask the avid monster makers for a custom critter? Use this category.

Rules - Need a rules clarification for a monster? Use this category.

If you have other category suggestsions, post them here and I'll consider adding them. Try to keep them as broad-based as possible, though. There's no need to be *too* specific in the forum categories.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Cool, thanks. :)

Project - for BOZ's and other peoples' big threads.

Homebrew - I thought about instead having the creature types (and maybe Template and Swarm) as categories. Not sure how useful that would be...

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thanks! That is so much more useful than everything being General. Perhaps one for News?

Oooh--We could really use one for Index, as we have many index threads.

Gez

First Post
What about shortening the categories so that they all use only one word? Homebrew, Request, Question.

One category by creature type (plus a few others) could be good. My proposals:
Aberration
Animal
Construct
Deathless
Dragon
Elemental
Epic
Fey
Giant
Humanoid
Magical B.
Monstrous H.
Plant
Ooze
Outsider
Swarm
Template
Undead
Vermin

Shade

Monster Junkie
I agree with Gez's one-word suggestion. I just flagged a few as "Homebrew Monster", which kinda squished the rest of the text. :heh:

Should we also add one for "Contests" or something, for March Movie Monster Madness, etc.?

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I shortened the category titles. That was a good idea.

I'm not sure about the need for a category for each monster type, though. That might make the category names too long again.

A Contest category might be in order, but we don't do enough contests really, and new members coming here might think they are contests with real prizes and all. :\

Last edited:

Remove ads